username5311450
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I just wanted to know how easy/hard, interesting/boring and how useful it was. Thanks
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i found it quite hard and boring
limitlesspuffy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by auv)
I just wanted to know how easy/hard, interesting/boring and how useful it was. Thanks
Hi, I did the OCR specification but they are very similar. I think it was alright if you had a genuine interest in it especially the aspect of programming. The NEA requires a lot of work and dedication so be ready for that, I took help from my dad as he works in a computer science field so it was a bit easier for me. We had one theory (computer systems,RAM/ROM etc) paper and one practical/programming (algorithms, flowcharts).

I think the theory paper was alright as it was just memorising some facts and you essentially just apply these in the test. However some people may find the intensity of these facts a bit too much so I would recommend only take it if you are willing to spend effort on it and/or if you find it easy. This is the same for any subject. I think the intensity of the facts wasn't bad, I found subjects like geography much worse as it was so content heavy and I didn't have a genuine interest learning about rocks and rivers so I regret taking it. The programming paper can be a bit tricky because this is where you really apply your knowledge and any type of program can come up but if you know all the types and principles of programs then I think you'll be fine.

If you have any more questions on computer science, any other gcse subject or the gcse process/experience, feel free to PM me or you can ask me on here. I'm a year 11 so I don't have much to do now exams are cancelled and would be happy to provide my knowledge somewhere else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.73%

Watched Threads