The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BlackHawk
Nope, nothing yet! Hopefully won't be long now though as she's dropped right down now which happens before labour. :smile: She'll be sleeping in our room at first and her nursery is almost done, but not quite. Will post pictures of it when we finish it.

Aww, cool! So it wont be too long now! Is you boyfriend/husband etc.. Excited?
Yeah, post pictures; will look forward to that!
I think everyones just dieing for it to happen too, everytime your inactive for a day we think it's time! :rolleyes:
**CutiePie**
Aww, cool! So it wont be too long now! Is you boyfriend/husband etc.. Excited?
Yeah, post pictures; will look forward to that!
I think everyones just dieing for it to happen too, everytime your inactive for a day we think it's time! :rolleyes:

Yep, husband is very excited :yep: He'll text Acaila and Fleur when I go into labour, so hopefully if I disappear you guys will get updated :p:
BlackHawk
Yep, husband is very excited :yep: He'll text Acaila and Fleur when I go into labour, so hopefully if I disappear you guys will get updated :p:

Aww bless! Well Good Luck! Tell her to hurry up; everyone wants to see her! :biggrin:
Please keep anon, iv got friends who use this site.
My period was about 5 days late, so i was getting a bit worried, but iv had a late period before and it was nothing, so i wasnt too worried. I thought it had started last night, because i had some bleeding, but it was very light, and there seems to be nothing today. I was reading about implantation bleeding, light blood or spotting around the time of your period and am now s**tting myself thats thats what this is. Does anyone know anymore about this/experienced this? I know if im worried i should take a test but is it too early for that, i dont want to get a false negative result and then forget about it.
thanks
Reply 444
are you saying you have the implant?
what is this implantation bleeding you speak of, because there's no word such as implantation afaik.

go get a test if it persists by wednesday.
It's not too early to test, so you can take one from now. Get a two pack of the pink dye ones as opposed to the blue dye or digital ones.
Noémie

what is this implantation bleeding you speak of, because there's no word such as implantation afaik.

Implantation bleeding is bleeding which can occur when an embryo implants into the lining of the uterus. The bleeding is no where near like a period, and is more of a brown or pink discharge. Most implantation bleeds occur before a period is due, but some can occur afterwards. It isn't as common as most people think though, and only a small percentage of pregnant women will experience it.
No, i dont have the implant, implantation bleeding is supposed to be when the fertilised egg buries itself in the lining of the uterus, or so i read this morning.
Reply 448
BlackHawk
Implantation bleeding is bleeding which can occur when an embryo implants into the lining of the uterus. The bleeding is no where near like a period, and is more of a brown or pink discharge. Most implantation bleeds occur before a period is due, but some can occur afterwards. It isn't as common as most people think though, and only a small percentage of pregnant women will experience it.

Yes, and for some strange reason lots of people on TSR panic about it! It's really rare, guys.

Just take a test. There will be two in the pack, so do one now and if it's negative, one in a week's time to be doubly sure.
Anonymous
No, i dont have the implant, implantation bleeding is supposed to be when the fertilised egg buries itself in the lining of the uterus, or so i read this morning.

As Helenia said, it's rare.

Try not to self diagnose on the internet.
Thanks for the advice, if my period hasnt come properly by tomorrow i'll definitely take a test, but i feel a lot less worried, i didnt know it was rare, from the stuff i was reading it sounded like it pretty much happened to everyone:smile:
hey can I just ask how is it possible to have a positive pregnancy test and not be pregnant? as I had this last march.
I still don't understand how I could have this... as you have to have the hormone in your body don't you?
I bought a clear blue - digital one - the one where it comes up with 'pregnant' it was so scary! and I honestly thought I was pregnant! I took loads of tests... since then I've just tried not to be so paranoid about being pregnant, but it's coming back again!
I'm on the pill...and is it okay to have unprotected sex on the placebo week when your not taking the pill?? as my boyfriends friend who has actually not long had her baby said that you can get pregnant!
I don't think that's true.
Also lately I have not been feeling well at all... but I had my withdrawal bleed last week! so i can't be pregnant can i?
Well, you can get a positive test for one of two reasons. 1. You were actually pregnant or 2. You had a false positive (which is very rare)

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/falsepositive.html

With a digital test, there is no chance of a false positive from an evaporation line, and you need a higher level of HCG hormone to get a positive result. I've never actually heard of a false positive from a digital and a quick search around the net suggests that it is almost impossible. What is more likely is that you experienced a chemical pregnancy.

You say you took loads of tests, how many came up positive and at how many days post ovulation?

Also, what do you mean by 'it's coming back again'?

As for having sex on your week break, yes you are still protected IF you've been taking your pill correctly as per the instructions.
I definately saw it right it said 'pregnant' showed my boyfriend aswel!
oh I must of had a false positive then, trust me to get something which is really rare. Thought it was a miracle really! because I was really hoping when I did more tests it would come back negative and it did! :biggrin:
whats a chemical pregnancy?
I was on the pill when I took this pregnacy test... I just started to get really paranoid that I was pregnant, and I thought oh ill just do a test to set my mind at rest!
ermm I took around 8 tests all together.. including 2 of the doctors ones.
Only one was positive and thats the clear blue digital. strange!
Ok so i had sex with my bf about 2 weeks after my period stopped without protection and he came inside me but i washed it out straight away. my boobs feel sore but maybe thats because my period is due. what are the chances of me getting pregnant? i was on the pill for a month and came off it when my withdrawal bleed stopped because i had been bleeding for 3 weeks since i started taking it!!
anon as bf is on here and i dont want him to know i think im pregnant. how easy is it to get an abortion with the nhs? its free right but will u have to join a long waiting line?? or u just tell the doc you want one and you get one?
Reply 456
First thing you should to is tell your boyfriend.

Second thing is buy a pregnancy test and do the test with him.
Before this thread even gets started, just to point out I WILL remove and warn any moral tangents or other comments that may upset the OP.
Reply 458
Ditto florx.
I wouldn't say tell your boyfriend necessarily. It's your choice. Take a pregnancy test, and if it is positive, book yourself an appointment at the doctors or family planning clinic. I *think* you need to see two doctors, but i'm not sure on that at all.

Latest