The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not necessarily illegal, its only under 13 that sex is completely barred. If he believed she was over 16 for ex, or in certain circumstances, its ok.
how far is she from her 16th birthday?
Sex all you can, cos soon your penis will rest in peace for half a century.
thegluups
It's not necessarily illegal, its only under 13 that sex is completely barred. If he believed she was over 16 for ex, or in certain circumstances, its ok.

You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound. :confused:
as long as she doesnt prosecute its fine
Although its illegal etc. very little would happen I imagine unless the girl complains.
It's not legal but that age gap wouldn't get you on the sex offenders register.
When they decide wether you go on they look at the balance of power in the relationship and i doubt that age gap is enough.
Reply 606

Yes it is.
I know someone who was the sex offenders list for sleeping with a 14 yr old when he was 15.
Who he was dating.
Because she took it to court, after they split up.

However the courts alot of time it will be ignored if the police found out, as long as it was fully consented. It's still technically illegal though.
Worst case scenario: Raped up the ass in jail, thats karma
Why does this never happen the other way round? :frown:
Youre friend police officer wouldnt report that. If he did he would be the ultimate arse. Seriously though in practice I doubt it would go far
As you're 18 and she's under 16 it's technically statutory rape, so the girl doesn't have to make a formal complaint for you to be charged.
Hahaha, you're probably fine as long as there is nothing else. Although I strongly oppose it if she already has a boyfriend. First of all, if he finds out he will be devastated. Secondly, he could prosecute. My advice, is leave it.
electriic_ink
Why does this never happen the other way round? :frown:

It does happen the other way around though.
Tw!stEd
Yes it is.
I know someone who was the sex offenders list for sleeping with a 14 yr old when he was 15.
Who he was dating.
Because she took it to court, after they split up.

However the courts alot of time it will be ignored if the police found out, as long as it was fully consented. It's still technically illegal though.

No, it's not necessary illegal. It can be legal, it just depends on the circumstances.
Tw!stEd
He would go on the sex offenders list.

true
my 15 year old friend (a girl) went out with an 18 year old geezer, but I didn't think there was much chance of him getting shoved on the sex offenders register if the police found out (I was considering reporting him if there was a chance, due to him being a complete ******)
drunk probably = thought he was joking
Reply 617
brapboybrap
You can't possibly be as stupid as you sound. :confused:

No, you.

Read sections 9 and 10 of the Sexual Offences Act, you fool. If he can show that he reasonably thought she was above the age of consent, and the girl is over 13 years of age, then it is not a crime.
Reply 618
Sounds like she consented (sp?) to it so it's unlikely anything will happen to him
Yes, it's illegal, I doubt much would happen, tbh, unless she went to the police and claimed you forced her into it.

Latest