Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do not panic just yet - You need to wait until you find out the results of the pregnancy test when you buy it as worrying now will only make the situation worse.

ReputationRep:
    You have to go to your GP, he will refer you to an abortion clinic. Make an appointment with your GP.

Don't panic, your period could be late for various reasons. As soon as you can, go and get a pregnancy test. Then if its positive, you will need to go to your GP who can discuss your options with you

ReputationRep:
    First of all you used a condom so that makes it less likely that your pregnant. Second you say that the pill you were taking messed up your period so it could be that the reason your period is late could be due to this. If I were you I would go back to the chemist tomorrow to get a test and try not to worry about what ifs before this.
    If you were pregnant and were gonna have a termination you would need to go to your GP to get the pregnancy confirmed and they will take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...and I am panicking.
    Try not to worry. My girlfriend was 4 weeks late when she came off the pill. It's just the change in hormone levels makes your cycle go a bit haywire.

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry. Being late can be other things as well, which are more common than you think. Stress, being ill, messed up cycles because of the pill, or sometimes even the pill your on can seriously affect it. Have you been stressed before this? I wouldnt worry too much you sound like you were carefull, so you it would be unlucky if you were. Is there any supermarkets nearby? Or anywhere similar where you could get one? Its likely to be negative, but at least it would give you peace of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hippo)
    Got any evidence for this?
    Yes, this situation happened with my sister. My parents were quick to inform the police who weren't particularly concerned. They did come out to assess the situation but no further action was taken. Unfortunately this happens all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char_Devon)
    Yes, this situation happened with my sister. My parents were quick to inform the police who weren't particularly concerned. They did come out to assess the situation but no further action was taken. Unfortunately this happens all the time.
    But, with all respect, that's one incident. It's unfortunate that that happened, but it doesn't mean it "happens all the time".

Hi, just a worry i have, i'm 18, and have been going out with my boyfriend for 3 months now, and we haven't had full sex yet. But we've done plenty of fooling around, and i haven't given any real thought as to where our fingers have been going after doing certain things, if you catch my drift. Careless i know. Anyway, i have always had regular periods, every 24 days, and this month i should've come on a few days ago - today is day 29. I know it's probably unlikely, but could i be pregnant? A couple of weeks ago i woke early in the morning with an urge to be sick, i retched, but as far i i'm aware it was an isolated incident. I've not been stressed recently. I'm not sure whether to panic! Any knowledge of yours would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sorry, I know there are too many of these threads...

So basically, towards the end of last week, my boyfriend and I had sex using a condom, and all was good. However, as usual, I didn't orgasm so he finished me off with his fingers. When we stopped this, we discovered that the condom had come off after sex (when he subsequently went down) and had spilt over the bed (that was a ***** to clean up before my parents got home...). Now I know that for most of the time he was fingering me, it was still on, and we both reckon we would've felt something if it had spilt on me or his fingers. I doubt it would've "splashed" or anything. His penis stayed far enough from me that it didn't touch me during the fingering.

We are both a bit concerned that I could be pregnant, and it's too late to take the morning after pill now. However, just so that I know how much I should worry, what do you reckon the chances are that I am pregnant? I think it's unlikely because I don't think the sperm got on him or me, but if it did, what are the chances of it making its way up there and fertilising me from finger penetration? Also, if it did touch us, it would only have been a very small amount of ***, so that must lower the chances too..?

Sorry about all this panic but I just want to know how likely they are so that I can reassure myself or panic and think about where to go from here!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure that the girl or her parents have to report it

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry until you miss a period because worrying will make you come on later. Its quite a small chance but still if you miss it take a test Hope it works out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char_Devon)
    Was that because your sister wasn't bothered and consented to it at the time?

ReputationRep:
    If you were drunk he might have thought it was a joke, and as a mate probably wouldn't do very much. It is illegal but if the girl is consenting then I guess its unlikely it would get taken further.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just a worry i have, i'm 18, and have been going out with my boyfriend for 3 months now, and we haven't had full sex yet. But we've done plenty of fooling around, and i haven't given any real thought as to where our fingers have been going after doing certain things, if you catch my drift. Careless i know. Anyway, i have always had regular periods, every 24 days, and this month i should've come on a few days ago - today is day 29. I know it's probably unlikely, but could i be pregnant? A couple of weeks ago i woke early in the morning with an urge to be sick, i retched, but as far i i'm aware it was an isolated incident. I've not been stressed recently. I'm not sure whether to panic! Any knowledge of yours would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Its unlikely that your pregnant since your boyfriend did not actually ejaculate inside of you (sorry if im being graphic). So its highly unlikely that you are pregnant.... you are only 5 days late and there can be a number of reasons for this such as stress, weight gain among other things. Also if you were pregnant you would only be 4- weeks so you wouldnt have any sickness yet. It is more likely that you've had a 24 hour sickness bug and this has effected your period. If you still feel uneasy in a few days do a pregnancy test to put your mind at rest.
    If you are thinking about having sex with your current boyfriend then maybe its a good idea to think about going on the pill or something for when the time comes.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I know there are too many of these threads...

So basically, towards the end of last week, my boyfriend and I had sex using a condom, and all was good. However, as usual, I didn't orgasm so he finished me off with his fingers. When we stopped this, we discovered that the condom had come off after sex (when he subsequently went down) and had spilt over the bed (that was a ***** to clean up before my parents got home...). Now I know that for most of the time he was fingering me, it was still on, and we both reckon we would've felt something if it had spilt on me or his fingers. I doubt it would've "splashed" or anything. His penis stayed far enough from me that it didn't touch me during the fingering.

We are both a bit concerned that I could be pregnant, and it's too late to take the morning after pill now. However, just so that I know how much I should worry, what do you reckon the chances are that I am pregnant? I think it's unlikely because I don't think the sperm got on him or me, but if it did, what are the chances of it making its way up there and fertilising me from finger penetration? Also, if it did touch us, it would only have been a very small amount of ***, so that must lower the chances too..?

Sorry about all this panic but I just want to know how likely they are so that I can reassure myself or panic and think about where to go from here!!

Thanks
    I don't think you have any reason to worry tbh, I'm not saying that I wouldn't worry in the same situation (I'm not good at keeping calm) but I'm a generally paranoid person. Realisticly, even if he had a small amount of come on his fingers, that had sperm in it that hadn't died yet (they don't last long in the air) there's still not that great of chance that it could find it's way there anyway. Keep calm, unless you miss a period I would forget about it. But in the future, I would recommend that your boyfriend takes the condom off and disposes of it as soon as he withdraws from you.

Hi
    I had unprotected sex on Saturday and didnt take the morning after pill or anything. I cant remember much really but he told his mate we did it 3 times which is probs right cos we were in there nearly 2 hours.
    Anyway...i came on my period this morning which i am obviously glad about, but is there any chance i could still get pregnant?
    I know what i've done is really stupid but cant turn back time now.

Cut a long story short. I ment a girl from from up north, spent a few days with her. We slept together twice and at the time (I know its totally stupid) didn't use nothing.

I mean what's the chances of her being pregnant?

I don't even want to talk to her about it because I'd feel uncomfortable talking about the issue.

ReputationRep:
    Quite high - dependent on her menstrual cycle

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.