Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmmm. Well I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'll talk to her (even though I'm crapping myself about raising the issue). I slept with a girl for 5 years without using nothing ... ever. So we just went along thinking that one of us had a fertility issue, and she always told me it was me, that's why I wasn't worried but I am worried now just incase.
    :eek: How irresponsible can you get?! (no offence :p:) Surely when you started sleeping together you had no idea if either of you were infertile?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Well I'm seeing her tomorrow so I'll talk to her (even though I'm crapping myself about raising the issue). I slept with a girl for 5 years without using nothing ... ever. So we just went along thinking that one of us had a fertility issue, and she always told me it was me, that's why I wasn't worried but I am worried now just incase.
    tbh, just use protection next time.

ReputationRep:
    I slept with a girl for 5 years without using nothing ... ever. So we just went along thinking that one of us had a fertility issue, and she always told me it was me, that's why I wasn't worried but I am worried now just incase.
    Don't do that

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My birth mum fell pregnant at the age of 19! she hadnt planned me, nor did she know she was pregnant untl it was nearly too late....

I was adopted, and i can honestly tell you have i have had a wonderful life, the adopted parents that i ended up with are great (even if im not so great back...but hey....) i love my dad...(daddy to me) with all my heart. I have always had what i have needed, and i have had more stability than she could have ever offered me.

I am not sad or bitter about it, i have met many great people in my life, to which many i probably wouldnt have met, had i not been adopted.....

It might be hard not knowing where you child is....i know because i traced my birth mum....and its something which she regrets, but had i the opportunity to live my life again with her, i would turn it down, as i am happy with what i have.....

nowerdays with adoption, i think there is some sort of opportunity where you can get messages about how your child is doing and the odd photograph etc....and they should have some information (which they can have when they are 18)on you should they wish to trace you.....

its a taugh decission, and although you may not have made up your mind, i wanted to let you know what my adoption was like.....the only thing i would say is that because of the position my mum was in 19 years ago....there was no way i was going to be in the same,....so the easiest way was to avoid all er "situations" at all costs.....

Take care sweetie, whatever you choose it will be the right decission for you, so do what you want to go and stick with it.....also i think your ex needs reporting...how dare he do such a thing....

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry that this has happened to you; no on deserves to be put through this kind of hell.

Hvae you spoken to anyone about this? It is certainly not the kind of thing you should be dealing with on your own. A good friend, a family member? Don't suffer on your own.If there is no one you feel you can talk to, have a look at www.rapecrisis.co.uk, maybe arrange to see someone to talk about your options and how to deal with what has happened.

Whatever you do, do not rush into a decision. It is your body and your pregnancy, and don't let anyone pressure you into making a certain choice if it is not what you want to do. One of my close friends was attacked and then, after originally intending to continue the pregnancy, panicked and had an abortion without really considering the consequnces, and deeply regretted doing so. There are no easy options and I am not trying to sway you in any way, but for heaven's sake do not make a final decision about your future without talking to somebody first.

Best Wishes x

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice!

my last period was on January 2nd and have a 29-30 day cycle

Which means my period is just over a week late, (I think? ) They are always regular (within a day)

I had sex with my boyfriend throughout January and one time there was slight damage to the condom after we had finished. I didn't take the MAP because I didn't want to be pumping hormones into my body (same reason why I am not taking the pill), not that I'm saying it's a bad thing to take it, it's just not for me. :yep:
    A week or so later I had about 3 hours of slight cramping and spotting, Which I put down as rough sex (sorry for the graphicness, but yeah :rolleyes: )
    For the past few days I've felt sick, off my food and not eating stuff I would usually enjoy because it turns my stomach to look at it.

Should I be taking a pregnancy test soon? I'm not stressing that my period hasn't come so it can't be that.

any help appreciated

ReputationRep:

Which means my period is just over a week late, (I think? ) They are always regular (within a day)

I had sex with my boyfriend throughout January and one time there was slight damage to the condom after we had finished. I didn't take the MAP because I didn't want to be pumping hormones into my body (same reason why I am not taking the pill), not that I'm saying it's a bad thing to take it, it's just not for me. :yep:
    A week or so later I had about 3 hours of slight cramping and spotting, Which I put down as rough sex (sorry for the graphicness, but yeah :rolleyes: )
    For the past few days I've felt sick, off my food and not eating stuff I would usually enjoy because it turns my stomach to look at it.

Should I be taking a pregnancy test soon? I'm not stressing that my period hasn't come so it can't be that.

any help appreciated
    The best thing would definitly be to take a pregnancy test, which I think you should be able to do now

ReputationRep:

any help appreciated
    when did the incident with the condom happen ? do you remember the day >??

(Original post by Xristina)
    when did the incident with the condom happen ? do you remember the day >??
    not a clue I really wish I knew though, will have to test in the next few days probably!

not a clue I really wish I knew though, will have to test in the next few days probably!
    yeah, you do that. Asap. The same happened to me and guess what....

yeah, you do that. Asap. The same happened to me and guess what....
    were you pregnant?

were you pregnant?
    yeah....

my period is 5 days late. i started the pill at the end of october, i start taking on a saturday and my last pill is taken on fridays. my november and december period came on the following monday, and my january one came early on the saturday after i took the last pill on the friday.

i had sex with my boyfriend last tuesday (27th) whilst i was still on the pill, my last pill taking day this month was last friday .

on friday/saturday i had some (enough to need a pantyliner) dark, brown discharge- i'm not sure if this was my period. i usually get this at the start of my period so i'm not sure if it was just a really light one or if i may be pregnant?

i will take a test but i just want to know if it is likely judging by this! thanks.

ReputationRep:
    my period is 5 days late. i started the pill at the end of october, i start taking on a saturday and my last pill is taken on fridays. my november and december period came on the following monday, and my january one came early on the saturday after i took the last pill on the friday.

i had sex with my boyfriend last tuesday (27th) whilst i was still on the pill, my last pill taking day this month was last friday .

on friday/saturday i had some (enough to need a pantyliner) dark, brown discharge- i'm not sure if this was my period. i usually get this at the start of my period so i'm not sure if it was just a really light one or if i may be pregnant?

i will take a test but i just want to know if it is likely judging by this! thanks.
    If you took the pill correctly then you can't be pregnant. Dw, my best friend is on the pill and she was 5-6 days late, she too seeing brown discharge, which was the start of her period, it came properly a few days after...but if it will make you feel better, just take a test to be sure. I hope everything is ok

ReputationRep:
    The pill, even when taken correctly, isn't 100% effective. However, it's very unlikely that you are pregnant, just take a test to put your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xristina)
    If you took the pill correctly then you can't be pregnant. Dw, my best friend is on the pill and she was 5-6 days late, she too seeing brown discharge, which was the start of her period, it came properly a few days after...but if it will make you feel better, just take a test to be sure. I hope everything is ok
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    The pill, even when taken correctly, isn't 100% effective. However, it's very unlikely that you are pregnant, just take a test to put your mind at rest.
    Just took the test and it is negative. Biggest relief of my life!!! Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whostosay)
    Just took the test and it is negative. Biggest relief of my life!!! Thanks xxx
    god yei !! Im actually really happy for you, I know this fear and the feeling is so great ! good !!!

yeah....
    i see :/ if you dont mind me asking, when did you test? was it after your period was due? if so, how long?
    sorry about all the questions:redface:

Hello, I'm a bit worried at the moment: my period is about a week late and about 2 weeks ago i had sex with my boyfriend. the condom split halfway through but i don't think he came.. We then changed the condom and it worked.
    I'm feeling a bit sick and my cervix is really low and soft.

Do you think I may be pregnant?

I went to the GUM clinic to get checked out for STIs a couple of days after having sex, but didn't do a pregnancy test. I haven't had any results back yet, but would a pregnancy show up in smear tests?

Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.