Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Depending on which pill you're taking, missing one pill generally isnt too much to worry about. My GP said that with some pills you can miss up to 3 of them but obviously thats not recommended.

Thanks guys. I didn't realise I had to get the MAP because he didn't actually come into the split condom, but now my friends just reminded me of the pre-*** and I was like "Shiiiit"

I'll try not to worry though. Eeek!

Ooh. I thought I'd add.....I take microgynon 30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ooh. I thought I'd add.....I take microgynon 30
    Microgynon 30 you can miss one and still be protected. It's also a 7 day break on Microgynon 30. I use this information when I have to remind myself of what I need to do and anymore information on when I'm protected.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001653.html

As long as you took 2 the next day and carried on as normal, it's fine. YOu're protected on your 7 day break with M-30 as long as you have taken all 21 tablets.

basically, i'm terrified.
    my boyfriend and i haven't had sex (i'm a virgin) but we've done other stuff, and i'm scared i might be pregnant as my period is late. i know this is probably nothing to worry about but this is a result of my first sexual encounter, so as you can imagine i'm panicking somewhat. has anyone else experienced this, a pregnancy scare without having had sex? :confused:
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If he stimulated you, you could be pregnant but it isnt too likely.

ReputationRep:
    basically, i'm terrified.
    my boyfriend and i haven't had sex (i'm a virgin) but we've done other stuff, and i'm scared i might be pregnant as my period is late. i know this is probably nothing to worry about but this is a result of my first sexual encounter, so as you can imagine i'm panicking somewhat. has anyone else experienced this, a pregnancy scare without having had sex? :confused:
    thanks.
    If you haven't had sex you can not get pregnant so don't worry. Periods being late can be due to many things. :-)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice!

my last period was on January 2nd and have a 29-30 day cycle

Which means my period is just over a week late, (I think? ) They are always regular (within a day)

I had sex with my boyfriend throughout January and one time there was slight damage to the condom after we had finished. I didn't take the MAP because I didn't want to be pumping hormones into my body (same reason why I am not taking the pill), not that I'm saying it's a bad thing to take it, it's just not for me. :yep:
    A week or so later I had about 3 hours of slight cramping and spotting, Which I put down as rough sex (sorry for the graphicness, but yeah :rolleyes: )
    For the past few days I've felt sick, off my food and not eating stuff I would usually enjoy because it turns my stomach to look at it.

Should I be taking a pregnancy test soon? I'm not stressing that my period hasn't come so it can't be that.

any help appreciated
    Update: now over 2 weeks late, 4 negative tests. Very bloated, put on 5lb and drinking coke turns my stomach to the point of being sick (I used to absolutely love coke :confused:) I really HATE my doctor (tried to talk my 26 year old sister into an abortion because it "wasn't the right age" to have a baby!) so I don't want to go to an appointment. Morbid fear of needles so I don't think I can have a blood test.
    HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Update: now over 2 weeks late, 4 negative tests. Very bloated, put on 5lb and drinking coke turns my stomach to the point of being sick (I used to absolutely love coke :confused:) I really HATE my doctor (tried to talk my 26 year old sister into an abortion because it "wasn't the right age" to have a baby!) so I don't want to go to an appointment. Morbid fear of needles so I don't think I can have a blood test.
    HELP!
    Well if you've had 4 negative tests then this would suggest that your not pregnant. The symptoms you've been experiencing could be due to your period coming soon. Although weight gain/loss can lead to your periods being a little erratic for a while.
    If I was you I wouldn't be worrying you've done 4 tests they are all negative so your not pregnant. If it doesnt come in the next 3-4 weeks then I would book an appointment at the doctors but ask for a different doctor All this stress of worrying about being pregnant is propably making it late as well.

On Saturday morning (around 1am-ish) me and my boyfriend had sex but the condom slipped off at the critical moment for him. He did notice and pulled out and he isn't completely sure whether he came abit or not though ('cause he was just soooo close at the time). I have a feeling he might have done and perhaps he's just telling himself he didn't cause its scary...

Anyway, I am now absolutely terrified that I'm pregnant. I just can't think about anything else :'(
    I went into denial for the rest of the weekend (stupid!!!) then on the monday morning (about 11.30) I ran to the doctors and got the morning after pill within the 72 hours. I know its only like 58% effective in that time frame though.
    To make things more difficult my periods arn't exactly erratic, but its very difficult to predict when its going to be cause it varies (I envy all these people who can say (it was 2 days early/late). I can predict what week its going to be in though and I'm due at the end of this week/start of next.

Oh god I'm just ranting information that's spinning round in my head here now. and I know the stress will only make my period more late but I just can't help it! I'm just so scared. Is it worth taking one of those first response pregnancy tests (apparently they can get a result up to 6 days before you're first missed period). What are the chances that I'm pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    On Saturday morning (around 1am-ish) me and my boyfriend had sex but the condom slipped off at the critical moment for him. He did notice and pulled out and he isn't completely sure whether he came abit or not though ('cause he was just soooo close at the time). I have a feeling he might have done and perhaps he's just telling himself he didn't cause its scary...

Anyway, I am now absolutely terrified that I'm pregnant. I just can't think about anything else :'(
    I went into denial for the rest of the weekend (stupid!!!) then on the monday morning (about 11.30) I ran to the doctors and got the morning after pill within the 72 hours. I know its only like 58% effective in that time frame though.
    To make things more difficult my periods arn't exactly erratic, but its very difficult to predict when its going to be cause it varies (I envy all these people who can say (it was 2 days early/late). I can predict what week its going to be in though and I'm due at the end of this week/start of next.

Oh god I'm just ranting information that's spinning round in my head here now. and I know the stress will only make my period more late but I just can't help it! I'm just so scared. Is it worth taking one of those first response pregnancy tests (apparently they can get a result up to 6 days before you're first missed period). What are the chances that I'm pregnant?
    First of all you did the right thing by getting the MAP which should reduce your chaances of being pregnant. Secondly if you are due the end of this week/the beginning of next then you wouldnt have been ovulating at the time you had sex with your boyfriend (the time when you are most fertile) os that reduces your chances further. Just try not to worry... I know its really hard not to but just try to be calm and as less stressed as possible. Also maybe it would be a good idea if you went to your local family planning clinic and found out about other methods of contraception such as the pill and the implant. They may be more practical as you are regularly having sex with somone and obviously sometimes there can be a problem with just condoms.

(Original post by 5697)
    First of all you did the right thing by getting the MAP which should reduce your chaances of being pregnant. Secondly if you are due the end of this week/the beginning of next then you wouldnt have been ovulating at the time you had sex with your boyfriend (the time when you are most fertile) os that reduces your chances further. Just try not to worry... I know its really hard not to but just try to be calm and as less stressed as possible. Also maybe it would be a good idea if you went to your local family planning clinic and found out about other methods of contraception such as the pill and the implant. They may be more practical as you are regularly having sex with somone and obviously sometimes there can be a problem with just condoms.
    Yeah thanks, I got the pill aswell whilst I was there to go on as soon as I (hopefully) get my next period.

ReputationRep:
    Ok ladies, put my mind at ease here. I know I'm being stupid but I can't help it. I haven't missed any pills, but I took one later than normal but still within the 12 hour limit. But my recent bleed was very light. They're usually light but this was a bit shorter than normal, literally a day. I did have tummy ache though. And I'm getting in a flap. I should just do a damn test even though I know there's not much point.

Is a light period (when light are usual) and tummy cramps enough to tell me I'm being stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Ok ladies, put my mind at ease here. I know I'm being stupid but I can't help it. I haven't missed any pills, but I took one later than normal but still within the 12 hour limit. But my recent bleed was very light. They're usually light but this was a bit shorter than normal, literally a day. I did have tummy ache though. And I'm getting in a flap. I should just do a damn test even though I know there's not much point.

Is a light period (when light are usual) and tummy cramps enough to tell me I'm being stupid?
    This happens to me sometimes. Every so often I will get lighter than usual bleed, I'll panic, do a test and it's negative. If it will put your mind at rest, then do a test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)

Your not pregnant.... you had your period even if it was shorter than normal. It is much rarer than what the internet makes out to have an implantation (sp) bleed. On top of this you are would be what 2-3 weeks pregnant? (thats if you were) so you probably would not have any sort of cramps so dont worry about it

Is it an early pregnancy symtom to have a tender belly?

ReputationRep:
    There arnt really any symptoms in early pregnancy. You are more likely to find out that your pregnant by missing your period and taking a test and then maybe a month or so after beginning to have morning/all day sickness. A tender stomach could be because you are bloated or are near your period or simply have eaten too much that day.

ReputationRep:
    no, tender breasts are an early pregnancy symptom, but not a tender belly as far as I'm aware.

Hey,
    Sorry another pregnancy paranoia post. I'm on the pill and last week had my period but took two pills late one inside the 12 hour limit and the other outside 12 hours. I took them as soon as i remembered but as i was on my period i didn't worry because me and my boyfriend wouldn't have sex until it was over. On tuesday we had sex as my period had finished and i completely forgot about using another form of contraception for 7 days after taking the pill late. I took the MAP on thursday i think it was around 48-49 hours and as the effectiveness goes down so much more am worried. Today I've got some very very light bleeding, could i be pregnant? I was going to take a test as soon as i can urgh i hate waiting!

Hey,
    Sorry another pregnancy paranoia post. I'm on the pill and last week had my period but took two pills late one inside the 12 hour limit and the other outside 12 hours. I took them as soon as i remembered but as i was on my period i didn't worry because me and my boyfriend wouldn't have sex until it was over. On tuesday we had sex as my period had finished and i completely forgot about using another form of contraception for 7 days after taking the pill late. I took the MAP on thursday i think it was around 48-49 hours and as the effectiveness goes down so much more am worried. Today I've got some very very light bleeding, could i be pregnant? I was going to take a test as soon as i can urgh i hate waiting!
    Hey its me again sorry to be graphic but the blood is kinda brown. Help?! thanksxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.