Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I no i should of.. but me n the guy im seein thought there int much chance im pregnant and think it costs like £20 wich i dont have..! godd i am such a idiot.. proper worried now
    It is £25, although you can get it free from lots of places.

Anyway, that doesn't matter now!! You can buy a test from superdrug which you can take 5 days before your period is due. I think thats about £5. But if you're worried about the cost go to your Doctors or GUM clinic and have it done for free.

Thanks for the advice every1..x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnio)
    No, you can do a test 24 hours after having sex. Wait another day and go buy one.
    A pregnancy test would not be reliable 24 hours after having sex. You need to wait until at least 19 days after having unprotected sex for a result, even better yet, wait till the day your period would be due.

Ah, little bit panicky now. My boyfriend and I had sex a few hours ago and used a condom, but I didn't realise that he took it off just before we had sex again. It was only about 2 minutes into it that I realised it wasn't on anymore, and made him stop. He said it was fine because he didn't ejaculate, but now I'm home and have had some time to mull over it I'm wondering if it might be worth getting the MAP because of the chance of pre-ejaculation? Part of me thinks I really should, but I'm not really in the right frame of mind to go alone, and he's got some problems with fertility, so I'm not sure how high the chances of pregnancy are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah, little bit panicky now. My boyfriend and I had sex a few hours ago and used a condom, but I didn't realise that he took it off just before we had sex again. It was only about 2 minutes into it that I realised it wasn't on anymore, and made him stop. He said it was fine because he didn't ejaculate, but now I'm home and have had some time to mull over it I'm wondering if it might be worth getting the MAP because of the chance of pre-ejaculation? Part of me thinks I really should, but I'm not really in the right frame of mind to go alone, and he's got some problems with fertility, so I'm not sure how high the chances of pregnancy are.

MAP would be the best idea just in case, you don't want a suprise in a few months. Can he go with you to the clinic or have you got a friend that can go with you just to make you feel a bit better rather than going on yuor own?

(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    MAP would be the best idea just in case, you don't want a suprise in a few months. Can he go with you to the clinic or have you got a friend that can go with you just to make you feel a bit better rather than going on yuor own?
    Unfortunately we live about 1-2 hours from each other, so it probably wouldn't be too convenient for him. I'm thinking of asking one of my friends because she's been through it there before, but part of me still feels pretty scared- I know that's stupid, because it's important.. argh.

Hello

Well I am probably over reacting but thats what I do so anyways...

I'm wondering if it would be at all possible for me to be pregnant if I take my birth control pill at the same time everyday PLUS use condoms...which have never broken or slipped off?

It's just Ive been feeling a little off in the stomach lately...usually in the mornings, and I just found out yesterday that i got a scholarship so I would really like not to be pregnant.

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    I would say that was highly unlikely if you have been using both forms of contraceptive correctly. Maybe you have a tummy bug, or you've been stressed lately?

sorry that this isnt a reply to a thread..its actually a new topic...kind of for my own self assurance....didnt know where else to post it.

Ok so would it be possible for me to be pregnant if I regularly take the pill, at the correct time AND my boyfriend and I use condoms as well?

My friends yesterday were saying that because you are on the pill and can still get your period normally but be pregnant.....???

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    You would be extremely unlucky to get pregnant using 2 methods of contraception properly.

Firstly i just wanna make sure you know that im not a **** who goes around shagging people, i am in a long term relationship with a guy whos a bit older than me and he has no idea that i think im pregnent. I really dont no what to do, my mum would murder me probably and i dont wanna have to drop out of school. REALLY REALLY stressing out right now. i brought i test but i dont dare take it, i just really need help! please

ReputationRep:
    Just take the test, then you can weep.

ReputationRep:
    In the rarified instance that you're not trolling take the test and get back to us, otherwise you will not get any helpful responses.

ReputationRep:
    You never know it might be negative, theres allot of support out their either way. Just take the test

ReputationRep:
    Do things logically here, there's no point worrying about something you aren't sure is even true. Take the test, if its negative then learn from the experience. If its positive speak to your mum or someone you can trust, and your boyfriend and work out how is best to go from there. What makes you think you're pregant anyway?

ReputationRep:
    be brave and take the test.

Take the test. Don't start worrying before you even know if you're pregnant.

And if you are you can always choose to terminate it if that's your only option.

OP do the bloody test, and use condoms next time. Kids nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    You won't know if you're pregnant till you do the test. honestly, you need to do it. you need to know. don't keep putting it off. They are scary (I've been through your situation granted I was 4 years older than you are) but you need to know now. Why do you think you're pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    Take the test, if it's a positive, get an abortion. Next time you have sex, let it be during a time when you can handle having baby in case something slips by once more - unless you just don't mind having another abortion. In fact, lets all have abortions!

Abortions for all!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.