Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please tell us the answer after peeing on said stick.

ReputationRep:
    Computer says......Yeeeeeeeeeeassss.
    I say go have a pregancy test.

Ok so on feb 21st the condom split, so I got the morning after pill the next morning.
    on 1st of march my period started it was pretty heavy and only lasted 4 days
    it is now the 30th and i haven't had my next period! I usually have 25-28 day cycle. I'm pretty worried...is there something wrong? I couldn't be pregnant.....??

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so on feb 21st the condom split, so I got the morning after pill the next morning.
    on 1st of march my period started it was pretty heavy and only lasted 4 days
    it is now the 30th and i haven't had my next period! I usually have 25-28 day cycle. I'm pretty worried...is there something wrong? I couldn't be pregnant.....??
    The morning after pill can mess up your cycle but take a test if you worried to put your mind at rest.

I'm two weeks late for my period...

I had sex about 5 weeks ago with a condom.

Could stress cause this? Or should I take a pregnancy test?

ReputationRep:
    Stress could cause it. Have you been ill lately?
    If your cycle is 28 days, then you'd have had sex just after your period, so you should theoretically be at less of a risk, but you're young.
    Go to your clinic and get a test, better safe than sorry.

Also, did you know at our age there's a 12% failure rate with condoms?!?
    No, nor did I!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm two weeks late for my period...

I had sex about 5 weeks ago with a condom.

Could stress cause this? Or should I take a pregnancy test?
    Yes, of course you should take a test. If your period is late, and you've had sex then you should always take a test to rule out pregnancy.

However, there are other things that can cause irregular periods.

Right, I'm quite freaking out..but I'm a worrier .

About a month ago I gave my boyfriend a hand job but before I did he sort of helped to put my hand down there (yeah, it was weird to me too) and then a few minutes later he 'half'-fingered me, like had his hand down there but didn't do much. I don't even think/know if he had any *** on his hand..

Normally my periods are pretty regular, although normally a few days 'early' from the 28 days. 4 days after *above* it came a week and a half early, and lasted 2/3 days.

Now, I'm 3 days late, but I've had the feeling I get when I'm on; pain on both sides and going down my legs (yeah, I'm unique :p: ).

I've been looking up some things and it says how early pregnancy symptoms are similar to PMS ones, but then also how stress (I'm doing AS levels = exams coming up) and excessive exercise (last 2 weeks I've been pretty much pushed to limit in exercise) and also illness (I was ill for a week with flu in the week since about 5 days after my last period came).

I'm not pregnant am I??

Thanks

Oh, aaand, I've been stressed for about the last week about breaking up with boyfriend...I'm really messed up

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if you did become pregnant. when the kid asks you how was i made you will be like i was fingered. he will be like i though u had to put the stick in the hole, you will be like no daddy stuck his fingers inside me.

ReputationRep:
    You're not pregnant, stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    You're not pregnant, stop worrying.

(Original post by fxytimi)
    Imagine if you did become pregnant. when the kid asks you how was i made you will be like i was fingered. he will be like i though u had to put the stick in the hole, you will be like no daddy stuck his fingers inside me.
    Thanks for useful reply :mad:

Even if everyone on here thinks I'm being ridiculous worrying, I can't stop

ReputationRep:
    wear a condom

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, unless his finger can shoot sperm you're completely fine. When i first started this sort of stuff i used to freak out about this too! But seriously, it's really, REALLY unlikely. The fact you've had flu/been stressed has probably delayed it a couple of days, and i can vouch for that. In the meantime, (although you've just said you've broken up with your bf), if you ever do get into a sexual relationship again, it would be worth thinking about getting some hormonal contraception, pill etc.

Ever since reading an article saying that some women (albeit rarely) continue their periods all throguh pregnancy, I've been a little freaked out. I haven't skipped a period, but I have but on weight and had itchy boobs. Finally, today I got so paranoid that I was pregnant that i went to Boots and got a pregnancy test. I took it, and it said that I'm not pregnant. However, on the box it says it can be used from any day from when my period is due. So does that mean that these home pregnancy texts wouldn't be able to detect someone who's pregnant but still havign their periods?
    I'm so relieved the test was negative, but there's still a stupid nagging doubt. I think I'm just paranoid, but I really want my mind putting at ease. Does anyone know if I can assume this test to be reliable, despite the period thing?
    Thanks in advance!

I'm due on today (i'm usually pretty regular with exactly 4 weeks + or - a couple of days between periods) but i have had tummy pains for 2 weeks. my last period started exactly 4 weeks ago today. My tummy is so swollen and bloated and my boobs are also bigger and really sensitive. I am so scared about being pregnant i keep forgetting about it, but then remember that i'm scared i'm pregnant then i feel sick to my stomach. i haven't lost my appetite though. on easter day i ate soo much(eating for two? :s)I have been having sex with my boyfriend but we always use condoms, i'm just scared sperm got in somehow..

is it normal to get tummy pains for 2 weeks before coming on?it seems a long time to have pains for

i got the pill from my doctor a couple of weeks ago and i'm waiting til my period comes to take it, but i'm scared it will never come

Why do some women have their periods when pregnant?

(Original post by NiceWeatherForAirstrikes)
    Don't worry, unless his finger can shoot sperm you're completely fine. When i first started this sort of stuff i used to freak out about this too! But seriously, it's really, REALLY unlikely. The fact you've had flu/been stressed has probably delayed it a couple of days, and i can vouch for that. In the meantime, (although you've just said you've broken up with your bf), if you ever do get into a sexual relationship again, it would be worth thinking about getting some hormonal contraception, pill etc.
    Thanks for reply, I'm now 8 days late :/, but I'm going to doctor's, and I think it could be iron deficiency since they've been getting lighter and lighter over the past few months.
    Thanks again

Why do some women have their periods when pregnant?
    I don't know... the article just said occasionally it happens. And I've heard stories about it too, about people not realising they were pregnant until they were in labour. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and both say I'm not pregnant.... but just want to check they'd work on someone who was pregnant but bizarrely still having periods....?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.