Pregnancy - information and questions

Watch
This discussion is closed.
storminaDcup
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
happened to me.. the situation that was.

i got the morning after pill to be safe.
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Happened to me on my first time...baaaaad memories.

Get the morning after pill, and if you're worried, go for an STI check. There is a possibility of pregnancy/STIs, but they're fairly remote.
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ariadne)
Happened to me on my first time...baaaaad memories.

Get the morning after pill, and if you're worried, go for an STI check. There is a possibility of pregnancy/STIs, but they're fairly remote.
It was my first time too, lol. I shouldn't laugh, I was very very scared and it was a stupid stupid mistake.
blindpet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
You can't just "take it in a week". It has to be in a certain place in her cycle.
That's why I said 'a week or so'. Didn't feel like explaining the cycle thing since the info is readily available on the net. Of course, people prefer sharing their sexual follies on TSR instead of doing a bit of research .
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by blindpet)
That's why I said 'a week or so'. Didn't feel like explaining the cycle thing since the info is readily available on the net. Of course, people prefer sharing their sexual follies on TSR instead of doing a bit of research .
But telling her to do it "in a week or so" could easily give a false negative, seeing as you have no idea when her last period was :p:
Anonymous #13
Report 12 years ago
ok i think i may possibly be pregnant. my period is a week late. although the possibility of being pregnant has made me freak out for the last 2/3days so maybe the stress is making my period late? my bf used protection each time we've had sex but he always complained about how he hates putting them on so maybe something went wrong...
i dont know. right now i feel calm. but im being all hyper and crazy. help x
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you taken a test yet? Are your periods usually regular?
Anonymous #13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Have you taken a test yet? Are your periods usually regular?
thank you for replying.
in the past my periods haven't been more than 3days late at most but usually they are on time. the only other time my period has been a week late is when my dad died so i guess all the emotions and stress i felt at the time made my period a week late and i can understand that. but at the moment apart from me supposed to be starting university this saturday i havent had any stress at all, in fact ive never been happier.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The only thing that I can suggest, if you are a week late is that you test. Try not to stress out too much, as you say you've been having protected sex so if used correctly the chances of you actually being pregnant are slim.
Anonymous #14
Report 12 years ago
Will you be kicked out of Uni if you're pregnant?

If i've found out that im pregnant during the term time will i need to take a year out once i've complited the year (befor the baby is due)?

What department of the local NHS hospital should i call if i want a medical abortion?

Iv been on the pill for 6 months and iv been safe so far. I'm currently back on the pills after stop taking them over the summer as i didnt see my partner during that time. I dont feel completely safe now being back to active sex life after not having sex for months. And i have doubts on the pills im taking now even though i've started taking them at the right time a month before i see my bf as well as now.

If i was pregnant i dont think i'l have problem with keeping the child but i know y family will feel ashamed and will be mad...I just cant imagine how it's going to be like...
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If i've found out that im pregnant during the term time will i need to take a year out once i've complited the year (befor the baby is due)?

What department of the local NHS hospital should i call if i want a medical abortion?

Iv been on the pill for 6 months and iv been safe so far. I'm currently back on the pills after stop taking them over the summer as i didnt see my partner during that time. I dont feel completely safe now being back to active sex life after not having sex for months. And i have doubts on the pills im taking now even though i've started taking them at the right time a month before i see my bf as well as now.

If i was pregnant i dont think i'l have problem with keeping the child but i know y family will feel ashamed and will be mad...I just cant imagine how it's going to be like...
If you're taking your pills properly, there's very little reason to worry about pregnancy.

Your uni cannot kick you out just for getting pregnant. Nor can they MAKE you take time out. However, in a lot of cases taking a year out to have a baby is a very good idea, as trying to cope with a newborn and a degree must be pretty demanding! Almost all universities will have welfare departments who will support you and let you get the help you need if you should fall pregnant.

If you want a medical abortion, you have to go through your GP, who will then refer you to the hospital. But given you're not pregnant, I wouldn't worry about that!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Yes Helenia is right - they can't kick you out of uni for being pregnant, not do you HAVE to take a year out, but it's not a bad idea to do so to be honest. I've had two years out (1 for each child) and I'm very glad I did so. Your course will still be there waiting for you to complete it after a year out.
Anonymous #15
Report 12 years ago
what are the chances of getting pregnant if i've been on the pill for years but took a 9 day break instead of a 7 day break?
Anonymous #16
Report 12 years ago
My period is ~5 days late now (usualy no more than 2 days late really (if that)) and i did one of those boots home pregnancy tests (where you get 2) but i was really stupid and didn't finish reading the instructions in the kind of flurry and missed the bit where it said "put the cap back on" they both read as negative but i was worried that maybe have affected the result, does anyone know?
I have been pretty careful, and all day today ive been getting very minor cramps, nothing like when my period comes on as its usualy really painfull, ive not had any cravings, lack of sex drive etc etc though
I kind of need to know pretty soon as im going to uni this weekend and need to know if i can drink in freshers week or not, and also just generaly about the future before i jump into anything.
little_green
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't worry, the bit where it says to put the cap back on is just to stop you touching the bit you've wee'd on and won't affect the result.

If you are 5 days late with a negative result, you most likely aren't pregnant but if your period doesn't arrive in the next 3 days or so try taking another test.
Anonymous #16
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by little_green)
Don't worry, the bit where it says to put the cap back on is just to stop you touching the bit you've wee'd on and won't affect the result.

If you are 5 days late with a negative result, you most likely aren't pregnant but if your period doesn't arrive in the next 3 days or so try taking another test.
Thanks i was kind of worried that the lid might have a chemical in it that mixes with your wee for some sort of reaction.
Anonymous #17
Report 12 years ago
Another pregnancy paranoia post i'm afraid! (I get this every month )

I'm on the pill, and decided to run two packs together as i was staying at my boyfriends house the week i was meant to have my withdrawel bleed. While I was there, we used condoms as well, most times we had sex. But a couple of times we didn't. I didn't miss any pills and took them at around 6.30-7.30 each morning (set my alarm!) but recently i've been finding that i'm peeing lots which i know is a symptom? So that's got me panicking. When I wee it's also more...sensitive down there. It doesn't hurt or burn but just feels...different. I don't know. I'm going to do a test on saturday, but in the meantime do you think it's likely i'm pregnant? Or is this more likely a urine infection or something?!?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've never felt different 'down there' when I've been pregnant.
Peeing lots, yes that can be a pregnancy thing, but I've never experienced it myself until third trimester - when baby is sitting on the bladder.

I don't know anything about running packs of the pill together though - I've never taken the pill and know little about it.

I'm going to cautiously say it's unlikely you're pregnant from the info you've given.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you were taking your pill correctly, then I believe it's 98% effective so the chances of you actually being pregnant are incredibly slim especially if you were using condoms too. Peeing more often can be a sign of a UTI and if you've been having sex recently you're more likely to have one. A lack of burning sensation doesn't mean you don't have a UTI, in fact sometimes it can almost be symptomless. I'd go to your doctor to get tested for a UTI.
Anonymous #17
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
If you were taking your pill correctly, then I believe it's 98% effective so the chances of you actually being pregnant are incredibly slim especially if you were using condoms too. Peeing more often can be a sign of a UTI and if you've been having sex recently you're more likely to have one. A lack of burning sensation doesn't mean you don't have a UTI, in fact sometimes it can almost be symptomless. I'd go to your doctor to get tested for a UTI.
After i've done a test i think i might just do that, as its getting really annoying having to run to the loo every 5 minutes! And i have been having more sex than usual recently, so yeah i guess that's a possibility. Thank you so much!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (37)
29.37%
No (89)
70.63%

Watched Threads