Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    She probably won't have a period (or rather withdrawal bleed) if she's not taken her 7 day break and only had a one day break. Or are you saying she started on her 2nd pack and then stopped 4 pills in (this means there won't be enough pills in her 2nd pack to protect her and she'll have to continue taking 4 pills from the next pack along to complete the 21 day cycle)

While in this instance, your gf is not at risk of pregnancy, but from what I understand from what you've said she is not taking her pills properly and it sounds like she doesn't understand what she's doing or how they work, which in the future, could very well put her at risk. She needs to do some research on
    a: How her body works
    b: How the pill works and how it is supposed to be taken
    c: Think about whether or not she can maintain and remember to take her pill properly, and if not, think about getting on some different contraception.

I would suggest you talk to her and both read the leaflet and follow those instructions to the letter. If she's stuggling to understand it she should go back to the doctor or go to a family planning clinic to ask and get it explained to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    She probably won't have a period (or rather withdrawal bleed) if she's not taken her 7 day break and only had a one day break. Or are you saying she started on her 2nd pack and then stopped 4 pills in (this means there won't be enough pills in her 2nd pack to protect her and she'll have to continue taking 4 pills from the next pack along to complete the 21 day cycle)

While in this instance, your gf is not at risk of pregnancy, but from what I understand from what you've said she is not taking her pills properly and it sounds like she doesn't understand what she's doing or how they work, which in the future, could very well put her at risk. She needs to do some research on
    a: How her body works
    b: How the pill works and how it is supposed to be taken
    c: Think about whether or not she can maintain and remember to take her pill properly, and if not, think about getting on some different contraception.

I would suggest you talk to her and both read the leaflet and follow those instructions to the letter. If she's stuggling to understand it she should go back to the doctor or go to a family planning clinic to ask and get it explained to her.
    She started her 2nd pack and stopped 4 pills in. I'll heed your advice and talk to her about it. The main question I want answered and is bothering me is:

Do you know how soon can she expect to have her period then? She's telling me that her period should have come by now and she's getting a bit worried which is making me worried.

Thank you ever so much!

ReputationRep:
    When did she first start the pill and what day did she stop for the break. When the withdrawal bleed starts varies from person to person but its completely normal for it to talk 4-5 days to appear after stopping for the break and on some pills, it can be normal to not have a bleed at all during the break week. Have a look at the leaflet and/or Google the name of the specific pill.

If you are in the slightest bit worried, have her take a pregnancy test to put your minds at rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When did she first start the pill and what day did she stop for the break. When the withdrawal bleed starts varies from person to person but its completely normal for it to talk 4-5 days to appear after stopping for the break and on some pills, it can be normal to not have a bleed at all during the break week. Have a look at the leaflet and/or Google the name of the specific pill.

If you are in the slightest bit worried, have her take a pregnancy test to put your minds at rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She first started taking the pill when her period started which was around 12th - 14th December. From looking back at messages, she definitely took the pill on the 14th. She has taken the pill continuously non stop from then until the 7th January. So her last pill was taken on the 7th January. So that means she was 4 pills or 6 pills into her 2nd packet of pills. She has been using 'Mercilon'

EDIT: She's got her period, which is a relief. Thank you for help easing my worries. We will both do our research properly to avoid all the worries and doubts that we got this time.

I took a pregnancy test today - negative. It's two weeks after sex. I used a First Response early result test. It's four days after my expected period. Is it safe to trust the results.

ReputationRep:
    very confusing situation with my girlfriend at the moment.. Her priod is now 9 days late (usually very regular), and she has sore/tender breasts, which she says has never happened before.. She feels sick really frequently, and has done so for a week now, is exausted all the time -- and today she started getting cramps, but no period..

As you can imagine this lead us to thinking that she may be pregnant.. but then we have never had unprotected sex, so it would be highly unlikely..

We took a test 5 days back, and it was negative (to great relief) - so we just presumed that the period was late, and it would come.. (this was before her chest started to hurt)

But now, a few days later, with the chest, and the cramps etc.. its got us worried again..

Seems so so unlikely, but we are going to try another test just to be sure -- though does anyone know of any other condition/reason that these symptoms would occur, without her being pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    very confusing situation with my girlfriend at the moment.. Her priod is now 9 days late (usually very regular), and she has sore/tender breasts, which she says has never happened before.. She feels sick really frequently, and has done so for a week now, is exausted all the time -- and today she started getting cramps, but no period..

As you can imagine this lead us to thinking that she may be pregnant.. but then we have never had unprotected sex, so it would be highly unlikely..

We took a test 5 days back, and it was negative (to great relief) - so we just presumed that the period was late, and it would come.. (this was before her chest started to hurt)

But now, a few days later, with the chest, and the cramps etc.. its got us worried again..

Seems so so unlikely, but we are going to try another test just to be sure -- though does anyone know of any other condition/reason that these symptoms would occur, without her being pregnant?
    What type of contraception are you using and is there any chance you could have made a mistake with it.

These symptoms could be premenstrual, and the lateness could be a number of reasons, such as stress. The best thing to do would be to see a doctor if the symptoms continue with no period within a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    What type of contraception are you using and is there any chance you could have made a mistake with it.

These symptoms could be premenstrual, and the lateness could be a number of reasons, such as stress. The best thing to do would be to see a doctor if the symptoms continue with no period within a couple of days.
    Condoms, so well yes, one could have broken.. and well, although I cant say I have noticed.. well its dark, and im not usually examining it for breaks..

+ mm, thats the plan at the moment, if there is still no period we will go see the doctor, probably wednesday/thursday

will see how it goes, I mean - its not the end of the world if she is.. Im 22, and she is 25, we both graduate this summer, and are in a stable relationship and living together.. but its not exactly as we planned

I'm 3 days late, which doesn't sound like much but I'm NEVER late. I've taken 2 tests that were negative but I'm freaking out! Would the tests have shown up positive by now if I was pregnant, or could it still be early enough to get a false negative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 3 days late, which doesn't sound like much but I'm NEVER late. I've taken 2 tests that were negative but I'm freaking out! Would the tests have shown up positive by now if I was pregnant, or could it still be early enough to get a false negative?
    Sometimes cycles can change with no apparent warning or reason. Give it until you're a week late and try not to freak out. Getting stressed could only delay it further.

Grrr why do I do this to myself?

4 weeks after last 'sexual encounter' *anal) and protected the week before, with perhaps unprotected genital rubbing against and eight pregnancy tests a long the way.
    7 weeks and 2 days since last definite period (the last might have been implantation ugh! - which apparently only ouccurs in 1/3 woman)

Why am I freaking myself out. Detectable Hcg should be present at least in 98% of women a week after their period.

Am I really likely to be an anomaly in that it would both have to be implantation blood present and no detectable hcg via hpt (assortment of brands)?

I have had sore ribs, cramps, discharge (tmi), bloating and yesterday decided my boobs look bigger and perhaps have some semblance to Montgomery tubercles.

Am I overthinking?/ have weird hormones?/can be rest assured?/ should I go to marie stopes and request an ultrasound?/ am I crazy?/ should I do std check?/

Hopefully my last post here. Used a Clear Blue Easy digital today, 37days after intercourse - 8 weeks 5 days after December period - negative yet I can't let go! I even booked a private ultrasound for tomorrow. Oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully my last post here. Used a Clear Blue Easy digital today, 37days after intercourse - 8 weeks 5 days after December period - negative yet I can't let go! I even booked a private ultrasound for tomorrow. Oh dear!
    You are really unlikely to be pregnant.

This is obviously causing you a lot of stress though, so why don't you consider going on some form of hormonal contraception for added peace of mind?

(Original post by Helenia)
    You are really unlikely to be pregnant.

This is obviously causing you a lot of stress though, so why don't you consider going on some form of hormonal contraception for added peace of mind?
    I will make an appt for BC after this episode is over. I have an appt in 1hr so scared!

(Original post by Helenia)
    X
    I'm sorry to be that exceedingly paranoid person and I know pregnancies aren't done by endometrial lining but mine was 6mm so is that unlikely to have been implanted? I have had negative tests and five weeks surpassed since intercourse . 27-28 day cycles.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to be that exceedingly paranoid person and I know pregnancies aren't done by endometrial lining but mine was 6mm so is that unlikely to have been implanted? I have had negative tests and five weeks surpassed since intercourse . 27-28 day cycles.
    You are not pregnant. You have had a negative test, a period and now an ultrasound showing no pregnancy. I don't know about endometrial thicknesses, but you should be able to see the pregnancy on scan if it is 5 weeks (8 weeks if doing traditional dating from your "last" period even though you have had another one since then). You are not pregnant. Go and see your doctor, get some contraception and have a chat about your anxiety.

Hi,
    im more than certain i am pregnant i have taken a test a few months ago and it was positive i havent come on my period since my last one in october, I have obviously thought long and hard but i am almost certain that at this time that an abortion is the best thing for me and my partner (16&17) We both started college in september and this has been a very stressful time with moving house, and family problems and have hoped the test was wrong.

Obviously i am quite young and to be honest very scared about this whole thing, im so worried of disappointing my parents i have not told them and even more worried if they found out what i was planning on doing.

I am unsure of how far i am as the dates and everythings confusing but i took the test in novemeber so how far am i? And am i still able to get an abortion.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    im more than certain i am pregnant i have taken a test a few months ago and it was positive i havent come on my period since my last one in october, I have obviously thought long and hard but i am almost certain that at this time that an abortion is the best thing for me and my partner (16&17) We both started college in september and this has been a very stressful time with moving house, and family problems and have hoped the test was wrong.

Obviously i am quite young and to be honest very scared about this whole thing, im so worried of disappointing my parents i have not told them and even more worried if they found out what i was planning on doing.

I am unsure of how far i am as the dates and everythings confusing but i took the test in novemeber so how far am i? And am i still able to get an abortion.

Thank you
    You should have gone to the doctor as soon as you got the positive test. It may well be too late now. Do you know the date of your last period? Count the weeks from then to work out roughly how far along you are. An untrasound will shown for sure.

You could be up to 5 months pregnant, and probably too late for abortion, but for gods sake get to a doctor and get checked!!! Your putting your own health and the health of the unborn child at risk by not having regular medical checks for this long.

False positives are virtually impossible.

Hi,

Thank you
    Retest and see. False pos are rare. Select a red dye test and do a test today. It's not going to make it less pregnant by forgetting about it. Clinics date pregnancy from last period.

Hi - I NEED HELP here.

I think my GF might have had some 'pre-ejaculate' on her fingers and put them in her vagina. Could she realistically get pregnant from this?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.