UCAS - Do I put in retakes even if I achieved the same grade?

Watch
TheFuture001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there

Just wondering, I have two certificates for my set of A-level grades, as I took a gap year and retook some modules in each A-level. However I achieved the same grades which were A*AB in Maths, Further Maths, Physics. This is a few years back as I've been to university, dropped out, and now returning to studies.

Anyway, when filling the application if I leave the second set of results, which are exactly the same, just certified as awarded the following year June. If I leave out this set of 3 subjects which are exactly the same grade, is this a problem? Would they see that I have grades certified in a different year?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes

You MUST enter every grade awarded by an exam board. Even if it means the same award twice with different dates.

Same as you MUST list your time studying at university in your education history.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to enter all grades from all sittings of exams. Your application could be cancelled and any offers held rendered void if you do not.
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Thanks for the feedback.

I have so far not included grades for individual modules, for instance Mechanics, Statistics etc. I have only put down what I have mentioned in my first post, as it would require some digging. Is that fine?

Also, I'm not sure if you're familiar with it but I did STEP way back too, does the same apply for these awards?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheFuture001)
Thanks for the feedback.

I have so far not included grades for individual modules, for instance Mechanics, Statistics etc. I have only put down what I have mentioned in my first post, as it would require some digging. Is that fine?

Also, I'm not sure if you're familiar with it but I did STEP way back too, does the same apply for these awards?
The overall grade is fine and is likely to be the only thing they are interested in. Hypothetically they could ask for a transcript, so it might be useful to locate it if possible.

I would include the STEP grade, it's an awarded qualification. I wouldn't worry about it negatively affecting your application, if it's too old or not strong enough, they will just include the requirement to take another.
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
The overall grade is fine and is likely to be the only thing they are interested in. Hypothetically they could ask for a transcript, so it might be useful to locate it if possible.

I would include the STEP grade, it's an awarded qualification. I wouldn't worry about it negatively affecting your application, if it's too old or not strong enough, they will just include the requirement to take another.
I have some decent STEP grades (assuming a 2 is good) so I suppose it should only help. Thank you
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Admit-One)

Appreciate the advice, I just have another question.

I've put my previous attendance at university on my application, the thing is I spent 3 years there, the first of which I interrupted and repeated the second semester in the following year (for personal reasons). I dropped out halfway through exams of the 2nd year of the course which was my third year there. Now I've left qualifications empty as I didn't think it is necessary, but I'm aware that I have some kind of qualification for the first year of the course. I can call the university and retrieve it. Is it recommended or is it fine just leaving it blank and showing the dates that I attended the university for 3 years?

Thanks
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Appreciate the advice, I just have another question.

I've put my previous attendance at university on my application, the thing is I spent 3 years there, the first of which I interrupted and repeated the second semester in the following year (for personal reasons). I dropped out halfway through exams of the 2nd year of the course which was my third year there. Now I've left qualifications empty as I didn't think it is necessary, but I'm aware that I have some kind of qualification for the first year of the course. I can call the university and retrieve it. Is it recommended or is it fine just leaving it blank and showing the dates that I attended the university for 3 years?

Thanks
you can leave it blank on UCAS if you're not sure but contact your old university to ask for a transcript and copy of any certificates you're eligible to so that you can provide these on request.
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
you can leave it blank on UCAS if you're not sure but contact your old university to ask for a transcript and copy of any certificates you're eligible to so that you can provide these on request.
Alright will do, thanks!
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys, I figured I'd ask this question here as it will probably be my last.

I've got an unconditional offer from where I want to go, I can't accept it 'till the second university I've applied to make a decision. Is it fine to withdraw my application for the place I'm still waiting to hear from, as I'm ready to accept the offer I've received?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi guys, I figured I'd ask this question here as it will probably be my last.

I've got an unconditional offer from where I want to go, I can't accept it 'till the second university I've applied to make a decision. Is it fine to withdraw my application for the place I'm still waiting to hear from, as I'm ready to accept the offer I've received?
Yes. Just make sure you withdraw just the unwanted choice not your entire application. If you aren’t 100% sure then ring UCAS for help (but wait until tomorrow - today is a deadline so leave the phones free for people who need to apply before 6pm!)
TheFuture001
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes. Just make sure you withdraw just the unwanted choice not your entire application. If you aren’t 100% sure then ring UCAS for help (but wait until tomorrow - today is a deadline so leave the phones free for people who need to apply before 6pm!)
Thanks man really appreciate the help. Looks like I'm going to university!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Thanks man really appreciate the help. Looks like I'm going to university!
:party:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.27%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.26%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.63%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
9.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed