C_Howland
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I decided to quit uni due to the pandemic/problems with my course. I want to return to higher education in a year's time, but I'm struggling to know what to do in the meantime, since travel isn't an option and I have very little experience to get a job. Any advice?
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by C_Howland)
I decided to quit uni due to the pandemic/problems with my course. I want to return to higher education in a year's time, but I'm struggling to know what to do in the meantime, since travel isn't an option and I have very little experience to get a job. Any advice?
Hi C_Howland! I did a gap year before uni, and whilst I had the ability to travel, I would still recommend taking one now even though there are fewer abroad opportunities. I'm currently doing an online internship from my home, which is giving me a good experience for the work world after my last year at uni! I would suggest contacting your local charity shop or something and try and help out there. Also, search online for opportunities like mine, maybe even contact companies that sound like something you'd want to do

Hope this helps!

Becca
C_Howland
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep)
Hi C_Howland! I did a gap year before uni, and whilst I had the ability to travel, I would still recommend taking one now even though there are fewer abroad opportunities. I'm currently doing an online internship from my home, which is giving me a good experience for the work world after my last year at uni! I would suggest contacting your local charity shop or something and try and help out there. Also, search online for opportunities like mine, maybe even contact companies that sound like something you'd want to do

Hope this helps!

Becca
Thanks for your advice!
Breward
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi!
I took a gap year this year and although my gap year featured a lot of travel, my friends did some other things which were more UK based. I also did Workaway which is where you can go and work abroad for free and in return the people you work for provide food and accommodation. Although travelling through many countries probably won't be possible this year, you should be able to go to one country at some point this year! I've actually recently started a YouTube channel and have just done a video with my friends all about ideas for your gap year. I reckon you might find it useful!! If you're interested this is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWmmtqUtOG8&t=430s
Hope this helps,
Imogen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise