The Student Room Group

21 and never had a bf

Am i doing something wrong or is it just me.
Reply 1
everyone dates at different stages, there's no rush. It's probably not you.
Well I'm 21 and I'm a male and I've never had any either. I never dated. I never even holded hands!
I think its absolutely normal as long as you are okay with it and it does not trouble you.

it's not a rule that you should have one!
That depends; have you been wanting one? Because any woman who wants a boyfriend badly enough is capable of getting one pretty much on the spot if she is prepared to make any sort of advertisement that she desires one.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
That depends; have you been wanting one? Because any woman who wants a boyfriend badly enough is capable of getting one pretty much on the spot if she is prepared to make any sort of advertisement that she desires one.

I'm not sure about that - it depends on her looks and standards as well. If she has no standards then it's true more or less regardless of how she looks. But most girls have standards. Also there's a difference between finding a proper boyfriend and finding some guy who just wants a casual fling.

advertisement😂😂😂
If you want to be in a relationship with someone then make an active effort to put yourself out there. Try meeting people, dating apps and so on. But don’t feel the need to be in a relationship these things come in time, if you’re content then that’s fine, but if you are up for a change then go for it.
Possible situations:

a. You are incredibly ugly (note the adjective incredibly because even ugly women et laid)
b. You have high standards
c. You don't meet enough guys
d. You lack confidence to pursue things further.
e. You are very good looking (and thus intimidating) but not social (because if you were some arrogant twat would have asked you by now)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure about that - it depends on her looks and standards as well. If she has no standards then it's true more or less regardless of how she looks. But most girls have standards. Also there's a difference between finding a proper boyfriend and finding some guy who just wants a casual fling.

So it looks like you have trouble accepting yourself.
Your looks and what you feel about yourself!
So it looks like you have trouble accepting yourself.
Your looks and what you feel about yourself!

I'm a guy lol. This isn't anything to do with me.
Reply 10

You could say the same about a guy no?
I'm a guy lol. This isn't anything to do with me.

oh 😂
So you are not the same anon who began this thread 😂

sorry buddy...
oh 😂
So you are not the same anon who began this thread 😂

sorry buddy...

no I'm not lol, it's alright!
advertisement😂😂😂
If you are making something known to people to try and entice them, you are advertising that thing.
There's a reason why I said 'any woman who wants a boyfriend badly enough'. Also, I am certain there are enough guys out there who dream of living happily ever after together with someone that there is every chance a woman will communicate with one of them before she ever interacts with anyone who only wants a ****; and even if the first few people do only fancy a shag, it won't take much waiting until the first guy who doesn't comes along.
Original post by bvbx
You could say the same about a guy no?
I wish.
If you are making something known to people to try and entice them, you are advertising that thing.There's a reason why I said 'any woman who wants a boyfriend badly enough'. Also, I am certain there are enough guys out there who dream of living happily ever after together with someone that there is every chance a woman will communicate with one of them before she ever interacts with anyone who only wants a ****; and even if the first few people do only fancy a shag, it won't take much waiting until the first guy who doesn't comes along.I wish.

Yeah that's true I missed that you used that phrase. But I think there are very few women who want a boyfriend so badly that they're willing to take someone who's desperate/very unappealing. Also it can be quite difficult to tell who's in it for the long run and who just wants sex.
Yeah that's true I missed that you used that phrase. But I think there are very few women who want a boyfriend so badly that they're willing to take someone who's desperate/very unappealing.
Hey, desperate and very unappealing guys need partners too :laugh:
Also it can be quite difficult to tell who's in it for the long run and who just wants sex.
Perhaps; I don't have any experience in that matter. But it should it also be noted that a guy who is initially only interested in ****ing the living daylights out of someone can later develop a romantic attraction toward that same person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending