The Student Room Group

I'm not doing fraud or misleading?

I am working, but not enough hours so I'm still on universal credit.

My income is assessed until 12th may-12th June where I got paid once and that is for £76 and that is what I reported.

I do get my universal credit and that is for £327 this thursday.

However I am putting on my journal that I get paid 30 hours of work next week which I should have got paid half this week however due to mishap from the agency I get it paid next friday.

However the job centre people already know this and I have been telling them on the journal.

I'm just wondering if they will ask me to give the money back? I did work, but only got paid the once on, before 12th June-that is assessment which they will calculate me on and pay me uc. They just needed to know how much I got paid in that one month period, as I said I did work and I will get paid not this friday, but next friday.

However I've already told them everything.
Original post by Anonymous
I am working, but not enough hours so I'm still on universal credit.

My income is assessed until 12th may-12th June where I got paid once and that is for £76 and that is what I reported.

I do get my universal credit and that is for £327 this thursday.

However I am putting on my journal that I get paid 30 hours of work next week which I should have got paid half this week however due to mishap from the agency I get it paid next friday.

However the job centre people already know this and I have been telling them on the journal.

I'm just wondering if they will ask me to give the money back? I did work, but only got paid the once on, before 12th June-that is assessment which they will calculate me on and pay me uc. They just needed to know how much I got paid in that one month period, as I said I did work and I will get paid not this friday, but next friday.

However I've already told them everything.

As long as its on your journal you will be fine. You can send a message to your workcoach or the case manager.
It takes them about a month to catch up, so if you earned some money just be aware they will be deducting it from your UC amount at 66% in the next month when its confirmed by HMRC what you earned. The 63% will be applied up to the amount you would have been awarded for UC.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Universal-Credit-income-and-capital/Earnings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending