Is sociology A level very time consuming ?

Watch this thread
Sports10 birthx3
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
is it an easy one to get an a in and can i do it on the side of the others?
adichemist
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sports10 birthx3)
I did GCSE and have friends doing the Level and its SO much work and they find it very difficult to get an A in. As I said I studied at GCSE and found it dull asf and so much writing (also applies to the A level), and I worked my arse off for the GCSE and just scraped a 7, my lowest grade. Wouldn't recommend it at all, do something more fun and more useful.
Sports10 birthx3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Barghy2)
I did GCSE and have friends doing the Level and its SO much work and they find it very difficult to get an A in. As I said I studied at GCSE and found it dull asf and so much writing (also applies to the A level), and I worked my arse off for the GCSE and just scraped a 7, my lowest grade. Wouldn't recommend it at all, do something more fun and more useful.
the majority seem to disagree with you maybe thats just you bro
setarexhx
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I did A-Level sociology. Compared to my other A-Levels, drama and film studies. It was the most time consuming one. There is a lot to memorise, a lot of names of sociologists, a lot of studies, concepts. If you aren’t good with memory I wouldn’t recommend it. I did end up having to do more revision for sociology than my other subject but that could be because one of my teachers ended up not teaching us a whole book and I had to pretty much self teach all of that. However, I will say it is somewhat of an easy subject to get top grades in (I got an A) if you do the right revision and get all the essay techniques down. Overall it is an enjoyable and interesting topic. Good luck!
Last edited by setarexhx; 1 year ago
adichemist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
the majority seem to disagree with you maybe thats just you bro
Lmao by the majority you mean one person. Lol ok you make the same mistake I did then you melt :|
cherryxberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Found a level sociology quite easy to be honest but that’s just me it really depends on the person whether you’ll do well as a some find it extremely dull there are a lot of names and terminology to memorise which can be quite time consuming but if you got a good memory it shouldNt be a problem
zoe.nyaku
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Tbh i find a level sociology quite easy, the concepts arent hard to grasp however its not necessarily easy to get an A. There is a lot of content to remember and you really have to work on your essay technique to get top grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
35.58%
The paper was reasonable (40)
38.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
16.35%
It was TERRIBLE (10)
9.62%

Watched Threads