I miss being a child but im only 15.

Watch
username5319712
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi . I know this is gonna sound weird. But i miss my past. The years 2008-2012 were seriously sentimental to me and i just wish i could go back , even though im only 15! Is it bad that im already starting to miss my past?
Neomycin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think we all have nostalgia for our past, even when we know it wasn't better. I miss being at school, and I miss before that when I was a child, when you're older you'll miss being 15.
rf266
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
im just 14 and i do miss my childhood already! that doesn't always have to be at a negative note though, you know that you've got lots of amazing memories, and growing up you'll have more opportunities...just know that this is not the end of having fun, and that's the thought that keeps me going
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
me too, i hate being an adult, i can't cope with the adult world :< i think it just means you're unhappy rn
Ziggy_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheBrightestStar)
Hi . I know this is gonna sound weird. But i miss my past. The years 2008-2012 were seriously sentimental to me and i just wish i could go back , even though im only 15! Is it bad that im already starting to miss my past?
Wait 'til you're 20 then you'll miss being 15 :^)
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nostalgia
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That feeling will hopefully pass as you enter adulthood. Being a teenager is the toughest part of life IMO - I wouldn't go back to those years even if I had the chance.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't personally miss my past. But I do wish I was a bit younger, just without the same problems I had then.
username5319712
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone . But i feel so sad just *thinking* about my past . The amazing songs, the family that were still alive. I even have dreams about waking up in the past some days. Everything .
Royal Windsor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're still a kid until you turn eighteen. Come back in a couple of years.
username5319712
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
me too, i hate being an adult, i can't cope with the adult world :< i think it just means you're unhappy rn
Unhappy? What do u mean?? Im not too sure about that x
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheBrightestStar)
Unhappy? What do u mean?? Im not too sure about that x
if you miss being a child, there must be at least one aspect of your current life that you're unhappy with
Fartershop
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Cherish the next couple months - because when you turn 16 you will be considered equivalent to an adult your parents age and have to cut off contact with anybody younger than 16 (or else society will brand you a pervert).
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fartershop)
Cherish the next couple months - because when you turn 16 you will be considered equivalent to an adult your parents age and have to cut off contact with anybody younger than 16 (or else society will brand you a pervert).
this is such bull****. no it won't unless you actually are a pervert.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Doesn't sound stupid at all. I'd give anything for those after school evenings in the park with my friends, or if it was winter, chilling online and chatting and playing games on my PS2.

You don't realise how carefree you are - because you have worries at the time - but as you get older you realise just how little things mattered that you worried over. I'm 30 in a few months and I would honestly love to go back and live my life again. Not because I'd do anything differently, but just because life was so fun as a child, and so un-fun as an adult.
Fartershop
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
this is such bull****. no it won't unless you actually are a pervert.
Not my opinion. I think it's BS too, but I can't control what society deems acceptable.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not my opinion. I think it's BS too, but I can't control what society deems acceptable.
it simply isn't true. no one has an issue with a 16 year old befriending someone younger.
Anonymusy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wish I could be younger than what I am now but I don't want to relive the past because I don't miss it. Yeah it was great being a child because I had no worries but even though adulthood is a lot to deal with, I wouldn't want to be a child again.
Last edited by Anonymusy; 2 weeks ago
Fartershop
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
it simply isn't true. no one has an issue with a 16 year old befriending someone younger.
Nope:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...974&highlight=

You can't be friends with anyone younger when you are 16 or 17.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...974&highlight=

You can't be friends with anyone younger when you are 16 or 17.
that's totally different. 14 year olds aren't equipped to handle your suicide threats. don't put that sort of burden on them...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise