The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm still waiting, for Economics and Maths (joint) though.
University of York
York
Reply 2
posh_git
Hey everyone who has applied for Economics!!!!

Anyone had an offer????

Im still waiting :confused: i sent my form off like in the middle of October yet still nothing!!!

Anyone else in the same situation????

:tsr:

In exactly the same situation- does anyone know how long the application turnaround time is at York?

:cool: RJ
Reply 3
i've had one from york - AAB.
Reply 4
yup i've got an offer of AAB from York :smile:
Reply 5
Same here, now. Feeling relieved.
How does York rank in your order of preference?

Reply 6
noooooooooo lol i still havnt got one! did u get it off track? or thru letter and what date was the offer made? lol soryr 4 the questions but im getting a bit worried!
Reply 7
Track on 16th, then UCAS letter a few days later.
Hope yours comes through soon!

Reply 8
Economics Offer: AAB (And... "We do not discriminate between General Studies and other subjects(!)")
Reply 9
lol :s-smilie: y did i apply 2 york. it's wants AAB, which is quite high :s-smilie: aaaaaaaaarggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna fail my a levels and become a dustbinman.
Reply 10
posh_git
lol :s-smilie: y did i apply 2 york. it's wants AAB, which is quite high :s-smilie: aaaaaaaaarggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna fail my a levels and become a dustbinman.

:ahhhhh: Isn't that a bit drastic? :eek:
what are you predicted?

Reply 11
AAA but soooooo wont' get them
Reply 12
Got an offer today.. (for L100) - 90% in the diploma di maturità scientifica, with 90% in mathematics! I'm very happy about it :smile:
Reply 13
omg really? well done! im still waiting....
Reply 14

It was really unexpected!! But the offer is quite high, I was hoping to put York as my insurance, but probably I won't.

To which other universities did you apply? (sorry if my grammar is awful)
Reply 15
i received an offer for economics/politics today; 5, 4, and 4 on three AP (US Advanced Placement) exams, good, since I already have a 5 and a 4.
Reply 16
saram

It was really unexpected!! But the offer is quite high, I was hoping to put York as my insurance, but probably I won't.

To which other universities did you apply? (sorry if my grammar is awful)

lol. what did they offer you?

cambridge: rejectd lol but oh well
durham: AAB for L100
manchester: BBB for L100
ucl: informal interview on the 26th jan for GNL0 (Score)
warwick: no reply!
york: no reply! lol!

u? york was gonna be my insurance too.........now im beginning to get worried! darn prospectuses! they nvr show you the right grades you need........
Reply 17
yay so ive got an offer too. for Economics and Politics, and the only condition (as I am on a gap year and hav already passed year12 exams) is to pass the TOEFL (test of English as a Foreign Language) with a certain score.
Reply 18
NMiller5a
i received an offer for economics/politics today; 5, 4, and 4 on three AP (US Advanced Placement) exams, good, since I already have a 5 and a 4.

hey, what other unis did u apply to and was that for economics/politics too? haha simply out of curiosity.
Reply 19
posh_git
lol. what did they offer you?

cambridge: rejectd lol but oh well
durham: AAB for L100
manchester: BBB for L100
ucl: informal interview on the 26th jan for GNL0 (Score)
warwick: no reply!
york: no reply! lol!

u? york was gonna be my insurance too.........now im beginning to get worried! darn prospectuses! they nvr show you the right grades you need........

they ask for a 90% in mathematics - which is VERY high (higher than a A) + 90% in my final exam (which is not too high)

cambridge: rejectd
durham: no reply
Bristol: 90% in maths and 90% in the final exam
Edinburgh: no reply
warwick: no reply
york: 90% in maths and 90% in the final exam

I really want to go to Warwick, now that Cambridge has rejected me.. so let's hope they offer me a place :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending