I feel like there is no point in anything abymorw

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have this thing where it will just be a normal day and I'll wake up feeling like there is no point in anything and that everything is about to end.
I don't know why I feel like that but I hate it. Everything I think of leads to "life is almost over so there is no point" even though I know that isn't true at all.
I think if all the little hobbies or interests or plans I have for my life but when I feel like this, they all seem pointless and miniscule. I feel like everywhere and everything is a dead end. It drives me mad when I feel like this and I don't know how to stop it. Usually it only lasts a day or two but occasionally it will last several days or a week.
One thing that I notice when feeling like this is that I keep having thoughts of "there's got to be something more to all this".
I feel like I'm looking for something but I can't find it anywhere.

When I don't feel like this, I just get on with everything as normal and I know that there are plenty of things to do and places to go. I don't feel hopeless.

But right now I'm feeling like that. I've just sat on my sofa all day because everything I think of doing feels dead-end and pointless even though I have a mountain of tasks to do.

Does anyone else ever get these feelings?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
You are not alone. Loads of people feel the way you do. Just remember you have a whole life ahead of you and even though you feel hopeless now, new and exciting things will come your way! Find the people in your life who care about you, you could try talking to them, or even just spend some time with them and they will cheer you up! Do something you love, watch your favourite movie or eat your favourite food. And with all your tasks, just work on them slowly, task by task. Even though you don't know what you are looking for yet, one day you will find it, so hang on to that. I know its hard but talking it out with someone face to face can really help. Just remember there are people who care about you and they will want to help. This is a rough time for everyone, but it will end eventually and then amazing things will be in your future! Its okay to feel down or lost, but always remember that your life is ahead of you, full of possibilities, and there are people out there who will make your life worth it.

Hope this helped!

And remember there are helplines if you really need them. Stay safe and stay healthy! Best wishes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (62)
17.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (100)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (137)
38.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.07%

Watched Threads