The Student Room Group

What Philosophy or theology books should I read for a Religion, Philosophy and ethic

Please tellllll
Is this for A level? Or Uni?
Aside from set texts/stuff that’s on the course, what are your interests in Philosophy, Theology and Ethics? I can recommend stuff I’ve enjoyed, but it’s such a big field and there’s no point if that’s not what you’re interested in :smile:
Original post by becausethenight
Is this for A level? Or Uni?
Aside from set texts/stuff that’s on the course, what are your interests in Philosophy, Theology and Ethics? I can recommend stuff I’ve enjoyed, but it’s such a big field and there’s no point if that’s not what you’re interested in :smile:

Its for uniiii recommend me anythingggg
Original post by Tangledseries
Its for uniiii recommend me anythingggg

Okay :biggrin:

Ethics-wise, Peter Singer’s Rethinking Life and Death is really interesting and controversial about euthanisia, abortion and infanticide. Fischer’s Metaethics: an Introduction is a thoughtful and academic intro to a complicated bit of ethical theory. For philosophy, a lot of original texts are actually fairly accessible, if still tough: Hume’s Enquires; The Meno; Meditations; On Liberty. Bertram Russell’s A History of Western Philosophy is of course the gold standard resume of it all too and quite fun to read!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending