The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hello,
5 years ago I gratuated Food Sciences in Poland and obtained BSc (Hons) degree. I've been looking into studying BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling at Open University (Q84). I've been trying to get my facts right about funding a second degree. Would I be still eligible for Student Finance? Does this degree fit into Allied Health professionals courses category? I'm quite confused with all research I've done at Open Uni page and student finance and many different forums. Is there a change in funding, if I decide to study full time at OU?
Best regards,
Mags.
Original post by MagsGuz
Hello,
5 years ago I gratuated Food Sciences in Poland and obtained BSc (Hons) degree. I've been looking into studying BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling at Open University (Q84). I've been trying to get my facts right about funding a second degree. Would I be still eligible for Student Finance? Does this degree fit into Allied Health professionals courses category? I'm quite confused with all research I've done at Open Uni page and student finance and many different forums. Is there a change in funding, if I decide to study full time at OU?
Best regards,
Mags.

Hi Mags,
Psychology is a part time exceptions course, it's not an AHP course. Open University courses are always classed as part time even if you study full time hours. You will only be able to receive a Tuition Fee Loan, no Maintenance Loan/no money paid direct to you unless you have a disability which prevents you attending a physical university.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Mags,
Psychology is a part time exceptions course, it's not an AHP course. Open University courses are always classed as part time even if you study full time hours. You will only be able to receive a Tuition Fee Loan, no Maintenance Loan/no money paid direct to you unless you have a disability which prevents you attending a physical university.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much Isaac!
Original post by MagsGuz
Thank you so much Isaac!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending