The Student Room Group

Me and my father hate each other. what should i do??

I am a Muslim girl and my father and i don't really have a good relationship. There are days when he would physically hurt me and lash out on me . but its stopped for a while, my mother believes that i should try and build a relationship with him but we never talk or look at each other he thinks i should forgive him but i feel awkward around him and uncomfortable my mother always stand up for him and my other sisters seem to like him but me and my one sister hate him with a passion. when he walks into the same room as i'm in i walk straight out. i was at my therapist to talk about my depression and low self esteem and my mother threatened me to not tell or my father would kill me. What should i do about this??
Awww... im a muslim girl too and alhamdullilah i dont have that type of relationship with my dad. However, i do believe that you need to slowly begin to talk to each other. Maybe just asking how his work was (im not really sure about any other questions you could ask him).

But, if you try to put in the effort, he'll see that you want to fix the relationship between you too and he'll want the same too.

I hope it helped and im really sorry for the situation you're in. If you need someone to talk to send me a message

Lovee youuu
Original post by anonymous45009
I am a Muslim girl and my father and i don't really have a good relationship. There are days when he would physically hurt me and lash out on me . but its stopped for a while, my mother believes that i should try and build a relationship with him but we never talk or look at each other he thinks i should forgive him but i feel awkward around him and uncomfortable my mother always stand up for him and my other sisters seem to like him but me and my one sister hate him with a passion. when he walks into the same room as i'm in i walk straight out. i was at my therapist to talk about my depression and low self esteem and my mother threatened me to not tell or my father would kill me. What should i do about this??

Do you want a relationship with him. Is he sorry? Will he be abusive again?
Reply 3
Are you able to move out? He sounds toxic.
When hes old he will realise. I think you should do everything you can to better your life and career so one day you can be independent and happy so you should put all your energy in to this. For me it was hard but dont hold grudes its okay to be angry and upset but it will only mess with your own head if you continue to feel anger/hurt. When the situation is that toxic you need to accept this is the type of person he is, you’ll want to question why is he like this? Im his daughter? But some men are just dogs.
Original post by Daveological
Do you want a relationship with him. Is he sorry? Will he be abusive?

I have tried to sustain a relationship with him but it doesn't work. I'm always the one apologizing after everything he has done and my mum does nothing but support his actions
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Are you able to move out? He sounds toxic.

I can't move out im only 15 but I will take it into consideration when I'm older perhaps when I'm 18
Original post by Anonymous
When hes old he will realise. I think you should do everything you can to better your life and career so one day you can be independent and happy so you should put all your energy in to this. For me it was hard but dont hold grudes its okay to be angry and upset but it will only mess with your own head if you continue to feel anger/hurt. When the situation is that toxic you need to accept this is the type of person he is, you’ll want to question why is he like this? Im his daughter? But some men are just dogs.

thank you so much
Original post by actinglover
Awww... im a muslim girl too and alhamdullilah i dont have that type of relationship with my dad. However, i do believe that you need to slowly begin to talk to each other. Maybe just asking how his work was (im not really sure about any other questions you could ask him).

But, if you try to put in the effort, he'll see that you want to fix the relationship between you too and he'll want the same too.

I hope it helped and im really sorry for the situation you're in. If you need someone to talk to send me a message

Lovee youuu

thank you so much I will try again today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending