Armaan247
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello Guys I am going to be moving to the BTEC level 3 course for IT. Does the BTEC level 3 have exams?. Also if it has exams what if I do poorly in the exams but do well in my coursework does this affect my grade a lot?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Armaan247)
Hello Guys I am going to be moving to the BTEC level 3 course for IT. Does the BTEC level 3 have exams?. Also if it has exams what if I do poorly in the exams but do well in my coursework does this affect my grade a lot?
Yes it has exams but only a small %. Look at the specification. You have to pass the exams, but you can get a bare pass. Your coursework is influential but if you do poorly in exams you have to make up the difference elsewhere.
Super116
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
In the first year you'll do two mandatory courseworks.
One is on Social media - looking at how businesses use social media to get more customers.
The other one is unit 2 - databases. This is a 10 hr external exam throughout the week. GL for this.
Both are worth 25% so 50% in total.
In yr2
You have the exam unit 1 . Got the highest mark in my year group. It's worth 33%. Its not that hard. You only needed 45/90 for a Distinction. Just print the spec off and if you can buy the book which helps with the exam and database exam too. I think its £11 from WHSmith.
Finally, depending on your teachers either a spreadsheet thing or (what we did) creating a website- 17%.
Basically you have to ace the exam (D), and (Ds )in everything else If you want a D* overall ( I got this).
Make sure you do your best in the first two topics it takes the stress off.
Last edited by Super116; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (352)
43.62%

Watched Threads