Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    On Monday my mum purchased for me a pair of jeans from John Lewis for 149 quid! :eek: To me that's excessive :o:

Is it?
    Not if you wear them for the next three years

ReputationRep:
    Get a good quality brand, i got a pair of Diesel and French Connection, and they are much better than any of the cheaper pairs i buy from stores like River island etc

ReputationRep:
    i had a pair of flared RI jeans in 2005 before i started sixth form college, those went baggy like anything after being worn for a few hours... then i bought some skinnies about 2 years ago and i still absolutely love them!

ReputationRep:
    Ive got 2 pairs of river island jeans. For me jeans are the hardest item of clothing to buy! But the river island ones are really good, they are good quality and mine havent change shape (have had one pair for 8 months).

If you want another good place H&M eventhough sumtimes their quality does vary.

I had a pair of their jeans for years and I didn't find that they went baggy at all.

They lasted me a good 3years before they went tatty and ripped.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience of them (I've had like 8 pairs or something) they do stretch loads when you wear them and stay that way even when you've washed them ! Hence, I don't wear any of mine any more. I might get some boyfriend fit ones from there though, but will buy them tight !

ReputationRep:
    I sound want to come across as being too 'style snobbish' but if my jeans were stretching after a "few hours" of wear then I would be returning them immediately and demanding a full refund.

If you buy a pair of jeans that is advertised as using "stretch cotton" then that's a different matter as you know what you're getting but for jeans to lose their shape so quickly unintentionally means the producers must be using low-quality denim.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought a few skinny jeans from River Island and they've never gone baggy. They've stayed basically the same.

You can't expect a pair of £40 jeans to last THAT long, but I've been wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans from River Island for over 10 months and they're still good

ReputationRep:
    All my 15 pairs of river island jean are all 30/30s. Or 76” so there all the same size to the lable. But when i lay them over eachother all the leg sizes are different some are longer n some are shorter. Can someone plz tell me whats going one. Why do river island say one thing on the lable but Measure up different ??

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.