The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

primary education

I'm looking at Oxford Brookes university. I live in Leicestershire. I'm looking to do primary education with QTS. what is the uni/course/accommodation/area like? thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Leahtaylor125
I'm looking at Oxford Brookes university. I live in Leicestershire. I'm looking to do primary education with QTS. what is the uni/course/accommodation/area like? thanks

Hi @Leahtaylor125

Thank you for asking this question and for looking at Oxford Brookes University! Although I do not study Primary Education with QTS, you can talk to a current student studying at Oxford Brookes about the course, here on Chat to a Student Ambassador. However, I can tell you what the University, accommodation and area are like in my opinion.

I have been studying at Oxford Brookes University for three years now, the university is split into three campuses; Headington, Harcourt Hill and Wheatley, and another campus which is Marston. The main campus which is Headington campus has a 24-hour library, which is great when you need to do assignments or find a book before a lecture. Each campus has various food places which serve delicious hot and cold food and staff always happy to help, along with plenty of study spaces. I have also found that the lecturers have been really friendly and helpful, especially when I am stuck on my work.

We have a wide variety of halls, from some en-suite to non-ensuite, near campus and off-campus, all halls have staff and security and the accommodation team are always available when you need them. Can you tell me more about your preferences for halls and I can tell you more about what halls could be best for you? If you haven't already, check out our Accommodation page! :smile:

The city is beautiful, there is a lot to do within Oxford like shopping, clubbing, going to historical sites, really nice cafes and the parks, which are my personal favourite. There is also very close and quick links to cities like London and the added bonus is that Brookes students get a discount on the fare so it is even cheaper.

I hope that this was somewhat helpful, please do let us know if you have any more questions or queries.

All the best,

Shereese
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Oxford Brookes University
Hi @Leahtaylor125

Thank you for asking this question and for looking at Oxford Brookes University! Although I do not study Primary Education with QTS, you can talk to a current student studying at Oxford Brookes about the course, here on Chat to a Student Ambassador. However, I can tell you what the University, accommodation and area are like in my opinion.

I have been studying at Oxford Brookes University for three years now, the university is split into three campuses; Headington, Harcourt Hill and Wheatley, and another campus which is Marston. The main campus which is Headington campus has a 24-hour library, which is great when you need to do assignments or find a book before a lecture. Each campus has various food places which serve delicious hot and cold food and staff always happy to help, along with plenty of study spaces. I have also found that the lecturers have been really friendly and helpful, especially when I am stuck on my work.

We have a wide variety of halls, from some en-suite to non-ensuite, near campus and off-campus, all halls have staff and security and the accommodation team are always available when you need them. Can you tell me more about your preferences for halls and I can tell you more about what halls could be best for you? If you haven't already, check out our Accommodation page! :smile:

The city is beautiful, there is a lot to do within Oxford like shopping, clubbing, going to historical sites, really nice cafes and the parks, which are my personal favourite. There is also very close and quick links to cities like London and the added bonus is that Brookes students get a discount on the fare so it is even cheaper.

I hope that this was somewhat helpful, please do let us know if you have any more questions or queries.

All the best,

Shereese

thanks so much for the info. I've heard about contextual offers, how do they work? also, what is the price of accommodation like? I don't mind sharing bathrooms as long as it's not with like 10 people.

thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Oxford is generally quite an expensive place to live, about on a par with London. The hall prices reflect this. The cheapest one, Crescent Hall, has a terrible reputation for abusive staff.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1005033-s1043830-crescent-hall-oxford_brookes_university-oxford
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Akuma
Oxford is generally quite an expensive place to live, about on a par with London. The hall prices reflect this. The cheapest one, Crescent Hall, has a terrible reputation for abusive staff.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1005033-s1043830-crescent-hall-oxford_brookes_university-oxford

thanks
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending