CheltBoii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
- If i have an insurance offer that is higher than my firm will it automatically be declined?
- If i get the grades for my firm choice, could i still try and go to my insurance (e.g. through clearing is it more likely ill get it than just somebody else?)
- Do medical insurance choices change any of this?
- If i dont meet the grades of my firm is my insurance obliged to give me a place?

thanks
Lifeismad
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are they conditional or unconditional offers?
Aqua_shade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
-I've never heard of it being automatically declined but I think the idea is that your firm is meant to be the higher one because if you don't get into your form then you're automatically considered for your insurance but if that is higher then they'll both decline you and you'll go into clearing
- If you get the grades for your firm then you insurance will.automatically be declined so the only way you could then go to your insurance would be to decline your firm and go into clearing .
- I'm not sure if there's a difference for medical course , I should imagine it's all the same .
- If you don't get the grades for your firm but get the grades for your insurance then they'll take you .
hope that helps
CheltBoii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Lifeismad)
Are they conditional or unconditional offers?
Conditional
Lifeismad
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
The firm is essentially your 'first choice' so if you don't get into your firm then you'll get into your insurance choice which is your backup option.
If you get into your firm choice you then you can't change that because you've basically gone into a contractual agreement with that uni that you will attend.
If you don't get into neither your firm or insurance, you'll be put into clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.38%
I'm not sure (43)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.96%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.81%

Watched Threads