Shannon J-B
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
what is the best way to study and achieve better grades in your exams?

Anonymous17!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends on your subjects and what level your doing (gcse, a level, uni) and also what’s better for you. Could be mind maps, flash cards, sticking things in your walls and going over it every morning. I think one trick for me I did is called the recite and blurt method, works for most subjects but not stuff like maths and some science where I say practice is the only way. But the recite and blurt method is where I go through as much as I can for a topic, put everything away, and then blurt it all out, then check and see how much I got. The more you go over it, the more you will remember it even if you don’t want to. It’s like listening to a song over and over again and you subconsciously pick up more and more lyrics until you know it.
Shannon J-B
Rep:
?
I'm doing GCSE
Anonymous17!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah god, gcse. You’ll hear a lot about people saying a level is harder which yes, content wise is it but in my experience, it’s much easier and nicer to do three subjects then all the ones you need to do for gcse. I wish you all the look. I’d say for maths and science, practice is all you can do. You’ll find that most questions will be the same, just different numbers, so the more you practice dane close yourself to these questions the better. But for English and humanity subjects and other more written based ones, the blurt method really worked for me. Good luck
Shannon J-B
Rep:
?
yeah I will do that thanks. For me the most I struggle with has to be English And History
Grizwuld
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The more work you put in the better your results.

As to the methods you use to study and learn there are many choices; you have to choose the one that works for you.

Good Luck

p.s. did I use the semi-colon above correctly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed