The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well most people at my Sixth Form are doing a first draft now. Between their first and second years.
Reply 2
At the end of Year 12.
Reply 3
End of year 12, beginning of year 13.
September in year 13
Reply 5
personal statements for uni, I'm assuming?

If so, don't even think about it yet. It's unlikely you know now what you want to do, and a lot of what you put in it will come from the coming year.

At our school, we start to write them when we go back in year 13, and even then a lot of people have problems because they either still don't know what they want to do, or how to structure it.
Reply 6
At the end of year 12.
Reply 7
I started writing mine at the beginning of year 13.
Reply 8
I began mine a month ago and i've done 2 drafts
You might as well start a draft in the summer between year 12 and 13. If you have to rush it, it may be rubbish and that's not too brilliant if you want to get into a top uni.
Reply 10
thankyou everyone!
gosh..precoscious or what...
...i used to be like that..worrying about ucaas...when i hadnt done my GCSE yet...:p:
Reply 12
this time next year probably. I am starting mine now... literally just now ^_^!
yeah, this time next year. i've already done one draft of mine, but that's only because we had to hand in one draft before we broke up so our tutors could advise us on stuff we needed to do this summer to improve it. e.g vol. work, ready related books etc.
I'd say end of Year 12 and start of Year 13 as someone put it nicely above. I'm almost finished with my first draft. It took a while to get into it - I started quite late considering I read a lot of medical applicants had their first drafts written at the start of the summer holidays way before results.
Reply 15
Good God! Calm Down.. get through year 12 first! I began mine in the start of year 13.. while mulling it over during the summer before that.
Your style of writing and interests will change from now to say a years time.. so wait.
Reply 16
well, ive got 3 week still year 13, so, maybe last week for me? :biggrin:
Reply 17
I don't think there is a point writing the actual thing at your stage. Your mind will change dozens of times about what you want in the future before you submit your ucas. Maybe concentrate on joing clubs and societies, helping out in school, volunteering and most importantly getting a head start on this years course!

Don't forget the importance of your grades!
WHAT? You're all crazy. I started mine about a week before it needed to be in. :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Ziggy_Stardust
WHAT? You're all crazy. I started mine about a week before it needed to be in. :rolleyes:

yes, but you're taking Duck Studies :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending