Ellieknowles02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting to complete my application for next year whilst i have sare time in lockdown i have my lifeguard qualification and dont know if i should set level at intermediate or advanced? Also what other skills do camp look for? and how many should i put? any help appreciated 😂
elouise123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would put anything that you feel confident in, if it's a skill you have then put it down! Don't worry about having too many but also don't lie as you may need to use the skill at some point. For the life guarding qualification is it the highest level you can achieve in the qualification? Or can you get a higher level of qualification? If you can achieve a higher level I would put intermediate but it really depends, and if you have experience actually putting the qualification into practice e.g working at a pool x
Ellieknowles02
Rep:
?
(Original post by elouise123)
I would put anything that you feel confident in, if it's a skill you have then put it down! Don't worry about having too many but also don't lie as you may need to use the skill at some point. For the life guarding qualification is it the highest level you can achieve in the qualification? Or can you get a higher level of qualification? If you can achieve a higher level I would put intermediate but it really depends, and if you have experience actually putting the qualification into practice e.g working at a pool x
Thanks and there is no levels in the qualification and i have a years experience in at a pool so i have put advanced xx 😄
taniawiseman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check their terms and conditions, Camp leaders have refused to pay back any money - even for cancelled flights this year. terrible service - Camp America may be better - once signed up you are liable for £1000's if you pull out - they get paid £2100, you get $1000 for 16 hour days, 6 days a week. What a racket.
Ellieknowles02
Rep:
?
(Original post by taniawiseman)
Check their terms and conditions, Camp leaders have refused to pay back any money - even for cancelled flights this year. terrible service - Camp America may be better - once signed up you are liable for £1000's if you pull out - they get paid £2100, you get $1000 for 16 hour days, 6 days a week. What a racket.
Thanks ill check it all out but i have family and friends who have been with them in previous years and have nothing but positive things to say 🤷🏽*♀️
elouise123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ellieknowles02)
Thanks ill check it all out but i have family and friends who have been with them in previous years and have nothing but positive things to say 🤷🏽*♀️
If you're on Facebook you should join the '2020 Official Camp America Group'. It's got people who are applying as well as some interviewers on there, they can help you with any other questions x
Ellieknowles02
Rep:
?
(Original post by elouise123)
If you're on Facebook you should join the '2020 Official Camp America Group'. It's got people who are applying as well as some interviewers on there, they can help you with any other questions x
Thanks I didn’t realise there was a group 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.85%
Better than expected (92)
20.86%
Worse than expected (235)
53.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise