celeste!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hii
I’m going to be starting my A Levels in September. I’m interested in Studying Criminology or Criminal Justice at Uni.
My #1 choice would be Criminology at the university of Exeter!

Do you think Biology, Psychology & English Literature are a good trio? Could i possibly go into forensic science or forensic pathology with Biology? Thanks
Last edited by celeste!; 1 month ago
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Those A levels are great for Criminology or a similar area which is what I applied for but am doing it with psychology in the end and I had very similar A levels. However, to do forensic science you would need Chemistry for most (if not all) universities.
Last edited by renaamz; 1 month ago
Grizwuld
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"forensic science or forensic pathology"

You probably should check this out with the universities themselves to get a definitive answer. They would also be able to comment on your choice of "A" levels, although presumably you have already ascertained that they meet the admissions requirements of the institutions you are applying for?

Then, of course, it's just a question of getting good grades!

Good Luck.

p.s. I hope you appreciated my little pun there!
tessmayer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did psychology, biology and sociology and they were all really well suited to a criminology uni course
celeste!
Rep:
?
(Original post by renaamz)
Hi! Those A levels are great for Criminology or a similar area which is what I applied for but am doing it with psychology in the end and I had very similar A levels. However, to do forensic science you would need Chemistry for most (if not all) universities.
Thank you so much!! I hope you’re enjoying psychology
celeste!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grizwuld)
"forensic science or forensic pathology"

You probably should check this out with the universities themselves to get a definitive answer. They would also be able to comment on your choice of "A" levels, although presumably you have already ascertained that they meet the admissions requirements of the institutions you are applying for?

Then, of course, it's just a question of getting good grades!

Good Luck.

p.s. I hope you appreciated my little pun there!
Ahah yes, just wanted some extra input !! Should be good for Exeter as they have no required subjects, just required grades
celeste!
Rep:
?
(Original post by tessmayer)
I did psychology, biology and sociology and they were all really well suited to a criminology uni course
Yay! I hope you enjoyed them
courtney.hazelx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are good choices but would you not choose sociology or criminology at a level? Also if you didn't want to do three a levels you may be able to find criminology at BTEC which lots of universities equal to a levels. I do Psychology and sociology and they are hard but Universities recognise them as they are social sciences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (187)
33.27%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.18%
I still don't know (93)
16.55%

Watched Threads