The Student Room Group

Is This Girl Messing Me Around?

So I was in a relationship with a girl last year for only two months but we broke up, she got with another guy for a couple months and then dumped him because she still had feelings for ME. She began talking to me a few months later and for a good 5 months was clearly trying to win me back. I recently agreed to meet up with her.

She constantly talks about how much she misses my smell, hugs and lips. When I actually try to arrange to meet up, she always dodges conversation by saying “we will talk about it tonight” and then never does. Why is she messaging or calling me every day then and saying all these things she misses about me? I’m actually so confused.
Original post by Anonymous
So I was in a relationship with a girl last year for only two months but we broke up, she got with another guy for a couple months and then dumped him because she still had feelings for ME. She began talking to me a few months later and for a good 5 months was clearly trying to win me back. I recently agreed to meet up with her.

She constantly talks about how much she misses my smell, hugs and lips. When I actually try to arrange to meet up, she always dodges conversation by saying “we will talk about it tonight” and then never does. Why is she messaging or calling me every day then and saying all these things she misses about me? I’m actually so confused.

I’m a girl and if I was acting like that and this might sound harsh and also might not be the case... I would like the idea of you but know that when I meet you you’re not that?? However it may not be all bad news, she might just be really nervous about it. When I start talking to guys, especially if it’s mainly over text the idea of meeting them in person is terrifying. Maybe just lay all you’re feelings out and don’t make her feel judged, maybe tell her something you’re worried about which might make her feel more comfortable to open up. But bring it up with her, you don’t want to be lead on
Reply 2
I’m a girl and if I was acting like that and this might sound harsh and also might not be the case... I would like the idea of you but know that when I meet you you’re not that?? However it may not be all bad news, she might just be really nervous about it. When I start talking to guys, especially if it’s mainly over text the idea of meeting them in person is terrifying. Maybe just lay all you’re feelings out and don’t make her feel judged, maybe tell her something you’re worried about which might make her feel more comfortable to open up. But bring it up with her, you don’t want to be lead on

I understand your second assumption but the first assumption about me “not being that”, I don’t really understand. Not that I’m offended as I appreciate your honesty. It’s just that she dumped her boyfriend because she had feelings for ME and constantly tells me all things she misses about me, most of those being physical things. In addition to that, she sends me videos from a year ago when we could go to the park, restaurants or cinema. If it was the first assumption, it would make NO SENSE to me and yeah, she’s just lead me on.

Maybe she doesn't want to lose you but at the same time she's afraid to meet up, but if I am being honest it seems weird for her to say that she misses you and then not agree to meet up, I am a girl too and would never do that cuz it just looks weird, ygm??
Reply 4
Original post by Nialler x
Maybe she doesn't want to lose you but at the same time she's afraid to meet up, but if I am being honest it seems weird for her to say that she misses you and then not agree to meet up, I am a girl too and would never do that cuz it just looks weird, ygm??

Yeah 100% get you. We’re apparently meeting on Tuesday but it’s taking her a while to acc get her to mention what location we are meeting at. I wouldn’t usually give exes a second chance as such so this is definitely an exception but if she leads me on in the next few days, I’m just going to stop all contact. I get she could be nervous but I still think it is unfair on me to be saying all those things and then dodge meeting up.
Yeah 100% get you. We’re apparently meeting on Tuesday but it’s taking her a while to acc get her to mention what location we are meeting at. I wouldn’t usually give exes a second chance as such so this is definitely an exception but if she leads me on in the next few days, I’m just going to stop all contact. I get she could be nervous but I still think it is unfair on me to be saying all those things and then dodge meeting up.

Yeah see what happens this time and if it doesn't work out then just stop, and yeah I 100% agree with her being unfair to you cuz if she's dumped her bf for you and she says all those things about missing you the surely she's got show it cuz rn it doesn't seem like she's showing, am I right in saying so???
Reply 6
Yeah see what happens this time and if it doesn't work out then just stop, and yeah I 100% agree with her being unfair to you cuz if she's dumped her bf for you and she says all those things about missing you the surely she's got show it cuz rn it doesn't seem like she's showing, am I right in saying so???

She definitely shows she misses me through text or phone call (like to mention she usually contacts first, I only contact when to talk about meeting up) but when it comes to talking about actually meeting up, she tries to change conversation and it makes me feel like I’m being annoying when I really know I’m not.
She definitely shows she misses me through text or phone call (like to mention she usually contacts first, I only contact when to talk about meeting up) but when it comes to talking about actually meeting up, she tries to change conversation and it makes me feel like I’m being annoying when I really know I’m not.

Hmmmm, i'd say just see what happens on Tuesday and if it doesn't work out then it's best to end it, i'm sorry despite being a girl I didn't help as much :sorry:
Reply 8
Hmmmm, i'd say just see what happens on Tuesday and if it doesn't work out then it's best to end it, i'm sorry despite being a girl I didn't help as much :sorry:

Nah you were fine ahaha. She just messaged saying she is a little worried because of coronavirus. How do I respond to this? Anybody? I don’t want to sound ignorant because from what I know, she doesn’t have a health condition. However, I don’t know about her family. Although, we’re going to a park which is usually empty just the two of us so it’s not like we’re in large crowds. On top of that, I do think it will get to that point where we can’t just not meet because there’s still some cases of coronavirus. For all I know, coronavirus may never go away and I’m not interested in something virtual.
Reply 9
Sounds a bit dodgy?
Nah you were fine ahaha. She just messaged saying she is a little worried because of coronavirus. How do I respond to this? Anybody? I don’t want to sound ignorant because from what I know, she doesn’t have a health condition. However, I don’t know about her family. Although, we’re going to a park which is usually empty just the two of us so it’s not like we’re in large crowds. On top of that, I do think it will get to that point where we can’t just not meet because there’s still some cases of coronavirus. For all I know, coronavirus may never go away and I’m not interested in something virtual.

I don't think you should meet up in this situation if she doesn't want to or doesn't feel safe. And the coronavirus will eventually come to an end. I would wait until lockdown has been completely lifted to meet up

Original post by SuperiorPotato
I don't think you should meet up in this situation if she doesn't want to or doesn't feel safe. And the coronavirus will eventually come to an end. I would wait until lockdown has been completely lifted to meet up

Yeah best not to meet up rn cuz you never know what might happen!
Original post by SuperiorPotato

Yeah I just worry that when lockdown is completely lifted up, she still acts like this and I’ve wasted a load of time thinking about this girl. When we were going out last year for two months, she was very flakey in the last three weeks.
Yeah I just worry that when lockdown is completely lifted up, she still acts like this and I’ve wasted a load of time thinking about this girl. When we were going out last year for two months, she was very flakey in the last three weeks.

If she does continue acting like that then either talk to her and figure out why or just leave because she is acting a bit odd and like she doesn't actually want to be in a relationship with you
She's pissing you around I think, drop her for good.
Im rlly anxious about going out at all nd have defo been trying to avoid convos wherr my friends are trying to meet up. Maybe wait until you meet her bc then youll see if shes being fr or not. Just make sure u dont put your everything into it until then tho
probably isn't interested in a relationship, ask her why she can't meet up or move on

promise to stay 2m apart? were allowed to meet up to 6 people, as long as you have no symptoms Idk why she should be worrying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending