shrsri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am a year 12 student with 10 grade 9 and one grade 8 at GCSE.I have taken Maths,Physics and Chemistry as my A level choice and my prediction is A*A*A. I want to do medicine can I apply for clinical pharmacology with the same personal statement as of medicine. Please suggest.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by shrsri)
I am a year 12 student with 10 grade 9 and one grade 8 at GCSE.I have taken Maths,Physics and Chemistry as my A level choice and my prediction is A*A*A. I want to do medicine can I apply for clinical pharmacology with the same personal statement as of medicine. Please suggest.
(1) You may be able to submit a different PS, so discuss with UCAS.

(2) These other courses (I'm thinking biomedical sciences, biochemistry, neuroscience etc) may be used to being back ups for medicine so their admissions tutors will be used to seeing medicine PS. As long as it's not Oxbridge the chances are you'd be OK.

(3) If your heart is set in Medicine, why even pick a 5th option. Just take a gap year and reapply the next year if you don't get in. Graduate entry medicine takes longer, costs more and is much more competitive than a gap year and reapplication to standard undergrad medicine.

If you change your mind later and wanted to do a degree, a lot of these other courses will be available on Clearing or UCAS extra anyway.
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
shrsri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.9%
I'm not sure (31)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.18%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.11%
I'm not a current university student (312)
47.13%

Watched Threads