Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    fair enough I see where you're coming from. I know I will work hard for A levels, I was just wondering what unis I'd be going to if I did get AAAa though. that's all, just for a hyperthetical situation type thing.
    i think we all know that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    i think we all know that
    Which brings me back to one of my earlier questions, with those gcses, and assuming I get AAAa would going to lse be a high possibility? Thats all I really wanted to know.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough I see where you're coming from. I know I will work hard for A levels, I was just wondering what unis I'd be going to if I did get AAAa though. that's all, just for a hyperthetical situation type thing.

Hypothetical.
    What did you get in your english SAT?

Ive just got my GCSE results myself, but there is no way you can even think about which universities will accept you until you've at least done your AS levels.

If you got AAAa, ontop of having strong references and a strong personal statment im sure that would get you into any university you wish to go to. GCSE's are nowhere near as important as A-levels. I was actually told that unless you want to do something like medicine, GCSEs are just the stepping stone to college. That if you have your 5 A*-Cs so you can do your A-levels, thats all you need to worry about.

I do think about what universities will accept me if I get certain grades, but don't dwell on it when you haven't even done the exams needed to even APPLY for university.

ReputationRep:
    Which brings me back to one of my earlier questions, with those gcses, and assuming I get AAAa would going to lse be a high possibility? Thats all I really wanted to know.
    of course. IF you got AAAa (and we're assuming As in all of your modules) then you have an equal chance as anyone else when applying to any of the top unis. just don't get too preoccupied with this, or you'll end up like necessarily benevolent :ninja:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.