Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Chinese cheating? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are the Chinese cheating?
    Yes
    56.98%
    No
    43.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeb375)
    "An official Chinese document unearthed today provides further evidence in the ongoing scandal that China's gold winning women's gymnastic girls are just that—girls...... The document, a spreadsheet titled “2006 Nationwide Gymnastics Registration Table,” is dated February 20, 2006 and lists two members of China's women’s gymnastics, Yang Yilin and He Kexin, as being only 14 years old. To compete, a gymnast is required to turn 16 in the year the Games are held."
    Would this not make them sixteen, then? If they were 14 in 2006 then they'd be 16 in 2008. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to mention that I don't care about the miming or the very small number of 'computer generated' fireworks, that opening ceremony was incredible, and I highly doubt London will be able to match it. I congratulate China on a job well done in that regard.

The thing that annoys me is these underage gymnasts, or more specifically, the cover-up that has taken place, the gymnasts themselves are almost entirely blameless in my view, given the pressure that they, along with all other young, high class athletes, are put under.

(Original post by TheOneWho)
    Would this not make them sixteen, then? If they were 14 in 2006 then they'd be 16 in 2008. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
    It lists Yang Yilin and He Kexin's date of birth, not their age in 2006. It shows that they were born in '93 and '94 respectively, meaning they are not 16 this year, so they should not have been allowed to compete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Nah, beeb has been misleading. The document gives the gymnasts date of birth, which would make them 14 today.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I did mention gymnasts too

but these gymnasts have cheated.
    So you're saying they have cheated for sure. Right. Who are you again?
    Oh, no...the Chinese do ban drug cheats, but they won't ban these gymnasts if what is suspected is true
    Yes. Age is something totally different. I was talking about drugs you were talking aout age. I think it is sad if they are cheating on age.and yes I disagree with that however like I said do you have solid proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    Nah, beeb has been misleading. The document gives the gymnasts date of birth, which would make them 14 today.
    Aah, OK. I've not looked at the documents. If they have cheated then that's a shame, but I doubt anything will be done about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarsAreFixed)
    Some of the fireworks are. Yes, lots of reports that He Kexin and Yang Yilin, hymnasts, are 14. And the ethnic diversity bit with children showcasing the 56 different minorities, all 56 were from the same Han majority. Not as scandalous as the Olympics in the 70's though..
    Or the Olympics in 36...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malsi101)
    Yes. Age is something totally different. I was talking about drugs you were talking aout age. I think it is sad if they are cheating on age.and yes I disagree with that however like I said do you have solid proof.
    I'm just going to keep quoting this link until people stop ignoring it.
    http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/china/ch...pics-3097.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malsi101)
    Okay. I did mention gymnasts too

So you're saying they have cheated for sure. Right. Who are you again?

Yes, I am...it just depends if the Chinese continue with their mass cover-up operations and if the IOC can be bothered to look into it and if the USA complain, which they probably will, even though they've been very gracious about it so far.
    As has been said many times which many people ignore is that a Chinese Official Document has He Kexin's (she's the most concerned) date of birth as being 1.1.94. This means she's 14. That is solid proof....people are just being confused by China's cover story and corrupt actions.

ReputationRep:
    I know, it does get rather annoying when they ignore the solid proof which they keep asking for.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am...it just depends if the Chinese continue with their mass cover-up operations and if the IOC can be bothered to look into it and if the USA complain, which they probably will, even though they've been very gracious about it so far.
    As has been said many times which many people ignore is that a Chinese Official Document has He Kexin's (she's the most concerned) date of birth as being 1.1.94. This means she's 14. That is solid proof....people are just being confused by China's cover story and corrupt actions.
    Well, the IOC are currently investigating it, so we'll have to wait and see what their conclusions are.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and the two people who have neg repped me...thanks for taking 7 points of my rep total. Please leave your name next time and more solid reasons than just

so not kool
    and
    Stop sucking up to op

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Well if the world could be bothered anough to question it like you said abc then maybe they wouldn' cheat (about age). I mean why don't the USA say something. Why are we a bunch of TSR members only concerned when what we say won't help or fix the matter. The USA, and other countries, need to get off their asses and stop this from happening. Which If that official document is out I hope to think they are doing so.

ReputationRep:
    I cant trust the Epoch times anymore, not after they reported on the discrimination of the Fulan Gong. Which was then proved to be incorrect. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a different age minimum for gymnastics than other sports? Asking as Tom Daley is 14 yet allowed to compete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker_900)
    Is there a different age minimum for gymnastics than other sports? Asking as Tom Daley is 14 yet allowed to compete.
    Yeah, they differ in all of the events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahbloo)
    I cant trust the Epoch times anymore, not after they reported on the discrimination of the Fulan Gong. Which was then proved to be incorrect. :rolleyes:
    Fine then, go straight to the source: http://strydehax.blogspot.com/2008/0...-olympics.html

He's the guy that found the archived documents using a chinese search engine.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and the two people who have neg repped me...thanks for taking 7 points of my rep total. Please leave your name next time and more solid reasons than just

and
    lol it was not me I promise.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fine then, go straight to the source: http://strydehax.blogspot.com/2008/0...-olympics.html

He's the guy that found the archived documents using a chinese search engine.
    Oh, I wasn't saying that you had to find other sources to prove it to me. I'm just saying that Epoch Times isnt a reliable source for me, that's all. Im sure they report reliable articles on other issues, just not the fulan gong. Sorry for an unclear post.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I wasn't saying that you had to find other sources to prove it to me. I'm just saying that Epoch Times isnt a reliable source for me, that's all. Im sure they report reliable articles on other issues, just not the fulan gong. Sorry for an unclear post.
    No need to apologise, I think I'm just getting a little too wound up about people ignoring it, and thought you were implying the same kinda thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean FaLun Gong? some crap stuff

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.