Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Chinese cheating? watch

• View Poll Results: Are the Chinese cheating?
    Yes
    56.98%
    No
    43.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannsc)
    What about your Daley? Ahh of course he's not been pressured to practice that's why he didn't get a medal.:yep:
    Diving isn't as strenuous on the body as gymnastics, hence there is not the need for the ban which is in place for women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    There's been a lot of complaints about the quality of the judging in subjectively scrutinised disciplines too - the boxing especially has been seen to be very heavily weighted in favour of chinese of asian competitors - a Mongolian fighter went through to the final today on countback, in a competition where the cuban apparently was streets ahead. There was also a british competitor today who was denied the bronze with two clear kicks to the head not being counted (taekwondo, before you ask!).
    yeah i was going to say about the taekwondo too, it was obvious that GBR should have got bronze, but obviously the force of the home crowd influenced the judging or the pressure of host country, but we were robbed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lets get close...)
    this is a classic case of being a hater. People always hate the best...
    No, people hate cheats.

ReputationRep:
    maybe they really are that good ?

ReputationRep:
    You said this just because you have Tom Daley.

If gymnasts can do better at a lower age than why should there be an age limit? though actually I don't think so. It's clearly that gymnasts don't have a long career especiallly the girls. Girls over 20 are already quite "old" for gymnasts, so I don't understand the agelimit. It's unfair. And It's still unfair that we can only participate in 4 weightlifting level games. Why should there be a limit like this? btw, I don't believe our gymnasts is cheating in Olympics, they don't need to.
    oh come on... whatever the reason for the rules, everyone has to obey them even if they don't agree with it...it's not fair for one team to not follow the rules when all other teams follow them...:no:

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/china/ch...pics-3097.html

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I have yet to see any plausible evidence. Many posts here are simply doing reckless speculations. Size can't be proof at all. Someone had already posted a report that validates Far East Asian gymnastics being smaller than their Western counterpart.

ReputationRep:
    i love the fact that someone started this ... im not going to read all the pages but i think they are...secret trap doors etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRreader)
    Tbh, I have yet to see any plausible evidence. Many here are simply doing reckless speculations. Size can't be proof at all. Someone had already posted a report that validates Far East Asian gymnastics being smaller than their Western counterpart.
    If the child hasn't even started puberty at 16, I think it can be a strong case...and look at the websites mentioned on here. Chinese Government Websites had their ages as 13 a year ago...but they can age 3 years in the space of one?
    The evidence against them is very strong.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I have yet to see any plausible evidence. Many posts here are simply doing reckless speculations. Size can't be proof at all. Someone had already posted a report that validates Far East Asian gymnastics being smaller than their Western counterpart.
    Its not really about height, it's about features. They don't look anywhere near 16.

No way is she 16.

ReputationRep:
    yeah course they are cheating, what have they done that should make us be able to trust them!

ReputationRep:
    Well don't you find it strange that some website that reported her as 13 or 14 have all been taken down by the authorities?

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/china/ch...pics-3097.html

This is the cache of the sport.gov.cn website that has been taken down
    http://cache.baidu.com/c?m=9d78d513d...146&user=baidu

Go down to 1040 and you see...
    1040,"何可欣 ","女","1994-1-1",,,"武汉市","六城会交流"
    何可欣 = He Kexin
    under 出生日期 or date of birth you see: 1994-1-1 which does not match her Olympics age

:no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    Gymnastics has a history of pressurising young children into learning the 'sport' and becoming good at it. The Chinese have a history of pressurising people to succeed. I take it you're Chinese? Well...face it you're cheating, no matter what the rule is, and however 'unfair' it is. China has cheated by picking under age gymnasts.
    Diving is a completely different story. There is no benefit from pressurising a child into doing the sport because younger people have a disadvantage in the competition as I previously said. Young gymnasts have an advantage. It's just life. Get over it...China have cheated, no matter what stupid excuse or comparison you come up with.

Anyway, the reasoning behind the law means nothing. Daley didn't cheat. He Kexin did.
    Don't pretend to know everything in advance mate. Mr. God

Even if the age limit is 14, you'll say oh look Chinese is cheating, they can't be 14 they are no more than 10!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Even if the age limit is 14, you'll say oh look Chinese is cheating, they can't be 14 they are no more than 10!:rolleyes:
    That's besides the point - there is compulsive evidence that her age was falsified to allow her to compete. If that is confirmed it's cheating - it doesn't matter which country she's from.

ReputationRep:

Well it's not my fault that you can't accept that what they do is wrong, whatever the rules.
    And as a matter of fact, I though the age limit was 14 years old. While watching the gymnastics all I could think of was, "are they really 14?" So yeah, I can say I thought there was something dodgy even then.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I have yet to see any plausible evidence. Many here are simply doing reckless speculations. Size can't be proof at all. Someone had already posted a report that validates Far East Asian gymnastics being smaller than their Western counterpart.
    That's true. That combined with the shorter stature of gymnasts make them appear younger. I could look 12 if I wanted to, however, I really don't want to.

The fireworks were 'faked' in case of poor visibility. They were filmed the day or a few days prior and used as a backup plan. The case of the miming singer was disappointing. Surely, with 1.3bil people, there must have been a girl that could sing and also looked pretty?

As for the gymnasts, you can't really judge based on appearances. I am hoping that the gymnasts were not underage, but tbh, I'm not thoroughly convinced. With that said, there is enormous pressure on China to perform well, and I think the media has blown things out of proportion. There is much politics not to mention economics involved and you can't just ignore that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyfaery)
    The fireworks were 'faked' in case of poor visibility. They were filmed the day or a few days prior and used as a backup plan. The case of the miming singer was disappointing. Surely, with 1.3bil people, there must have been a girl that could sing and also looked pretty?
    You're clearly not paying attention - the fireworks weren't filmed before they were computer generated.

As for the gymnasts, you can't really judge based on appearances. I am hoping that the gymnasts were not underage, but tbh, I'm not thoroughly convinced. With that said, there is enormous pressure on China to perform well, and I think the media has blown things out of proportion. There is much politics not to mention economics involved and you can't just ignore that.
    Well - it's not based on appearances, there is an increasing amount of paperwork stating they are underage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    yeah i was going to say about the taekwondo too, it was obvious that GBR should have got bronze, but obviously the force of the home crowd influenced the judging or the pressure of host country, but we were robbed :yep:
    Mongolia is not one part of China so stop finding excuses for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Erm... doesn't Britain have a 14-year-old? The diver?

Or does it only count for gymnastics? Either way, everyone just dislikes China to begin with, and then people find reasons in every little anything to justify it. They get enough hate, so what if they run their country differently?
    Yes we do have a 14 year old diver. The age limit for diving i think is 12 or 13 whereas gymnastcis you have to be 16 as under that you are a child rather then an adult.

China is a communist, they want to be seem as supreme to the capitalist countries. It's kind of History repeating itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyfaery)
    With that said, there is enormous pressure on China to perform well, and I think the media has blown things out of proportion. There is much politics not to mention economics involved and you can't just ignore that.
    Not really. It was Americans who came up with the evidence. Citizens of the same country whose athletes got robbed by athletes bending the rules of the sport. They're just annoyed because people, and the IOC seem happy to let this fly by just because it's China. A future world super power whose people have had to ditch all their national sports and learn those of the rest of the world to be able to compete in the Olympics.

ReputationRep:
    Mongolia is not one part of China so stop finding excuses for yourself.
    It was against a chinese competitor.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.