Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Chinese cheating? watch

• View Poll Results: Are the Chinese cheating?
    Yes
    56.98%
    No
    43.02%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they're cheating ****s. But they'll be able to get away with it.

The chinese women weightlifters look like men, but then maybe that's me being rude. Aside from the flagship incidents, there really has been some dodgy scoring in the subjective events such as Boxing, Gymnastics, Taekwondo etc - almost always in favour of the Chinese competitors. A poor Irish boxer today was made to look like a fool playing a chinese boxer, when none of his hits registered with the judges and there was an inexplicable scorline at the end. He was very angry at the end, naturally, blaming the judges: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...ng/7576767.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyfaery)
    You're kidding, right? I don't exactly have HUGE chests when wrapped in my tight ballet leotard...
    Very true. Hips are a better indicator too, to be honest - look at the variation in form:

http://2008.people.com.cn/mediafile/...2815130622.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    yeah they are, and so what. I'm sure we'll be using tricks of our own in four years time.
    Heheh, I've heard that being said too. It's also been suggested that in order to make sure none of these claims are thrown at us in 2012, we shall need to be biased against British athletes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannsc)
    You said this just because you have Tom Daley.

If gymnasts can do better at a lower age than why should there be an age limit? though actually I don't think so. It's clearly that gymnasts don't have a long career especiallly the girls. Girls over 20 are already quite "old" for gymnasts, so I don't understand the agelimit. It's unfair.
    As has been already mentioned several times, the age limits are there to protect children's welfare.

And whether you think it's fair or not, that's the rule, and it applies to all nations equally.

ReputationRep:
    I just dont get it. the IOC said there's no proof, then what is the point of blaming china if we don't have anything to prove what we say besides those birthdays on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    Pft. False fireworks, miming singers, and cheating competitors. Let's face it, the Chinese Olympics is a load of CRAP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tranhieu)
    I just dont get it. the IOC said there's no proof, then what is the point of blaming china if we don't have anything to prove what we say besides those birthdays on the internet?
    There are quotes from a chinese minister last year when, during a speech, he referred to the young 13 year old chinese superstar of the future, or similar words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tranhieu)
    Because the Chinese Government have issued false passports etc. to these gymnasts saying that they're the correct age, when they're not...proven by past articles in Chinese news and by the Government saying the gymnasts were 13 a year ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Erm.....The 14 year old limit applies to gymnasts and that's what we're talking about here.

To shrug your shoulders and exclaim that "everyone dislikes China to begin with" and somehow imply they are just being "picked on" is absolutely pathetic. If they are cheating they should be called out for it, not excused because "everyone picks on China" :rolleyes:
    but that means they are allowed to take part if the limit is 14.

ReputationRep:
    He miss-typed. The limit is 16years.

ReputationRep:
    Or we can just say the whole world is crooked and twisted.

Funny how China currently has 46 golds, whilst United States have about 29 golds, and Great Britain has 18 golds. I think it is kinda nice for China, as host of the Olympics to be leading, but now it just lessens the competition (OVERKILL!). There is no way of beating China now since the games is about to close in 2 days time.

Oh, and while you guys think China is Computer Gengerated, I think this whole world is computer generated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horrorshow)
    Yes, they're cheating ****s. But they'll be able to get away with it.

The chinese women weightlifters look like men, but then maybe that's me being rude. Aside from the flagship incidents, there really has been some dodgy scoring in the subjective events such as Boxing, Gymnastics, Taekwondo etc - almost always in favour of the Chinese competitors. A poor Irish boxer today was made to look like a fool playing a chinese boxer, when none of his hits registered with the judges and there was an inexplicable scorline at the end. He was very angry at the end, naturally, blaming the judges: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...ng/7576767.stm
    dont most of the weightlifters look like men anyways and not all the judges are chinese you know, so i think what your saying is sort of wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Inscrutable, these chinks.
    Now Now, lets not offend anybody. Verbal abuse isn't tolarated in such a discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    Ok, yeah, we don't explicitly know, but look at them and tell me that 16 year old girls wouldn't have even started to develop breasts.
    some people have flat chests you know lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Inscrutable, these chinks.

looks like someones jealous:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    dont most of the weightlifters look like men anyways and not all the judges are chinese you know, so i think what your saying is sort of wrong
    The judges don't have to be Chinese to be paid off, threatened or influenced by the Chinese and the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNihilist)
    Now Now, lets not offend anybody. Verbal abuse isn't tolarated in such a discussion.
    It's called irony.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I don't see why people are making such a big deal about this, it's a very minor issue, and in getting caught up in it we ignore more important ones.
    I agree. Maybe people shouldn't be so caught up in the behaviour of the gov't as to completely ignore the effort put in by the athletes and event organizers to make this as enjoyable as possible. Regardless, at the 2012 games, we'll be able to see the level of achievement in an "unbiased" setting and see how well China does in comparison to the USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    some people have flat chests you know lol
    yeh, ok...lets take out the "they look less than 16" argument and concentrate on official Chinese Government information which says they were only 13 in 2007.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    The judges don't have to be Chinese to be paid off, threatened or influenced by the Chinese and the crowd.
    That's a bit rich - it's acknowledged to be difficult to adjudicate fairly with a substantially impartial crowd. A lot of it has been close, but sometimes just appaling - in the Taekwondo bout mentioned the crowd were booing with some of the pro-chinese decisions being made.

It's a bit silly to say things without substantiation though.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.