Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Chinese cheating? watch

• View Poll Results: Are the Chinese cheating?
    Yes
    56.98%
    No
    43.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one2three_abc)
    The judges don't have to be Chinese to be paid off, threatened or influenced by the Chinese and the crowd.
    How do YOU know that they were paid off or threatened, its all guesswork here. Not everyone is like how you think they are

ReputationRep:
    Why just question the age of the Chinese in this competition?

Chinese team averages in at 4'9''. Shawn Johnson is 4'9''. Japanese team average height is 4'10''. Why is no one talking about them?........the motivation is suspicious.

Let's face it, you are just jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoiyiu2512)

Chinese team averages in at 4'9''. Shawn Johnson is 4'9''. Japanese team average height is 4'10''. Why is no one talking about them?........the motivation is suspicious.

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Inscrutable, these chinks.

Your offensive words show only how shallow someone is.

ReputationRep:
    It's been shown that in the past, in every olympic event the number of host country's medals just 'naturally' shot up. China was the 2nd or 3rd (i cant remember) last time so their first place now is not surprising to me.
    i think china's done really well this summer, i cannot wait to see the closing ceremony this 24th!
    btw, this forum is computer generated too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    How do YOU know that they were paid off or threatened, its all guesswork here. Not everyone is like how you think they are
    I didn't say they were, I was just speculating.

Because Shawn Johnson is 16. She has always had the same date of birth, and that has always meant she would be 16 in time for the competition. He Kexin's DoB has changed from being 1.1.94 in 2007 to 1.1.92 in 2008. Hmm...

We're not jealous, we're annoyed at 'blatent' cheating.

ReputationRep:
    This year, China has the most number of people participating. It's roughly One and a Tenth times (1.1x) bigger than the United states. Shouldn't we consider this as a factor of Number of Gold Medals?

ReputationRep:
    The first two things the OP stated is rather sad. But with the world's eyes on them I don't think they're cheating. Plus even that said I don't think we should doubt the opening ceremony without not being there or 'evidence'. I mean to me the 6000 odd people that opened it were real(at least to me) and I bet many people who WERE in the staidum were able to see this. I think that if the girl did mime it is very SAD and unfortunate for the other girl who was singing (allegedly). But still there is no proof of this. I just think this year IS China's year..as A) they're hosting it B) they want to perform well like any other country and C) they happen to have really good athletes,gymnasts...(etc)

Secondly they are one of the only 2 countries in the world that have a lifetime ban if athletes..gymnasts cheat so if they really would cheat why the hell would they have this I really think this shows they care about being ligitimate.

Just because they're top (of medal boards) does not mean we should doubt their atheletes(fair enough on the singing allegation)as I think it's an insult to them. Have they done good in other years or is this their first year they've ever done great. I doubt it. They're competetive..they are winners atm. and lets not shun that rather be happy for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malsi101)
    Secondly they are one of the 2 countries in the world that have a lifetime ban if athletes..gymnasts cheat so if they really would cheat why the hell would they have this I really think this shows they care about being ligitimate.
    China have got a penalty of lifetime ban for drugs offences. These gymnasts have been helped by the Chinese government. They were issued false (but official) passports with incorrect dates of birth so they could be used by the Chinese in the Olympics...they were their best gymnasts, but were to young. Tough ****. The gymnasts have nothing to fear about being banned as they've been helped by the government all through this affair.

Oh, and the 'cheating' bit in the title doesn't refer to anything but the gymnastics where 14 years olds competed in a 16+ competition only.

ReputationRep:
    thier not cheating, they have trained thier athletes to the max which no ther country has had the ability to do so, its given them an edge because they have managed to perfect thier rouitnes as such as the womens diving compettion, trained to perfection. if they were cheating they would have been caught

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    thier not cheating, they have trained thier athletes to the max which no ther country has had the ability to do, its given them an edge because they have maged to perfect thier rouitnes as such as the womens diving compettion, trained to perfection. if they were cheating they would have been caught

They've put 14 year olds in a competition for gymnasts of 16 years old and over only. There's no doubting these 14 year olds were the best but they cheated by entering under aged athletes.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'm rather sad for the young gymnast if it turns out she has been illegally entered into the competition, with the pressure that I'm sure ALL young athletes are under (not just the Chinese ones), it's not like she was going to refuse to take part.

By the way, since lots of people are still ignoring this, I'm posting the link that, in my view, PROVES that the gymnasts in question are underage: http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/china/ch...pics-3097.html

"An official Chinese document unearthed today provides further evidence in the ongoing scandal that China's gold winning women's gymnastic girls are just that—girls...... The document, a spreadsheet titled “2006 Nationwide Gymnastics Registration Table,” is dated February 20, 2006 and lists two members of China's women’s gymnastics, Yang Yilin and He Kexin, as being only 14 years old. To compete, a gymnast is required to turn 16 in the year the Games are held."

Give it a good read and tell me you're still not sceptical.

EDIT (17:58): I have quoted the source word for word, but there has been some confusion with people thinking that they were 14 IN 2006. This is not the case, the document lists their dates of birth as '93 and '94, meaning they do not turn 16 until after the end of 2008.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tranhieu)
    It's been shown that in the past, in every olympic event the number of host country's medals just 'naturally' shot up. China was the 2nd or 3rd (i cant remember) last time so their first place now is not surprising to me.
    i think china's done really well this summer, i cannot wait to see the closing ceremony this 24th!
    btw, this forum is computer generated too...
    Very true. China's improvement has been unprecedented. However, I think most people are concerned with the government... it's just annoying when people get so caught up in this that they are willing to say that because one event is dodgy, all events were rigged, all athletes must have cheated, everything was fake, etc.

China was 2nd in rank by gold in 2004, 3rd in 2000 if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:

Because Shawn Johnson is 16. She has always had the same date of birth, and that has always meant she would be 16 in time for the competition. He Kexin's DoB has changed from being 1.1.94 in 2007 to 1.1.92 in 2008. Hmm...

We're not jealous, we're annoyed at 'blatent' cheating.
    You're just accusing her without a SOLID proof. The only "proof" so far is a website only.

ReputationRep:
    China have got a penalty of lifetime ban for drugs offences. These gymnasts have been helped by the Chinese government. They were issued false (but official) passports with incorrect dates of birth so they could be used by the Chinese in the Olympics...they were their best gymnasts, but were to young. Tough ****. The gymnasts have nothing to fear about being banned as they've been helped by the government all through this affair.
    True the Government could be helping them, you're right. But we don't know that for sure nor do we know for sure they aren't helping them.
    But I think if us(the world) have doubts why the **** doesn't any top pro's test them for themselves(the supposed drug cheating athletes). I mean I do think the drugs test people aren't necessarily chineese. And unless the chineese are made of tin I guess there is no way of hiding the drugs inside them.

Oh, and the 'cheating' bit in the title doesn't refer to anything but the gymnastics where 14 years olds competed in a 16+ competition only.
    Oh right..did you find that one out cos you're not the OP. I think it was a bit of a misleading title thread.
    And if what you're saying is true that is rather sad too.

ReputationRep:
    no....wel atleast the chinese are clever enough to computer generate stuff to make us jealous haha!

ReputationRep:
    I think that if the girl did mime it is very SAD and unfortunate for the other girl who was singing (allegedly). But still there is no proof of this. I just think this year IS China's year..as A) they're hosting it B) they want to perform well like any other country and C) they happen to have really good athletes,gymnasts...(etc)
    It's all over Chinese news reports that the girl did, in fact, mime. The girl that sang was very happy to be a part of the Olympics though.

ReputationRep:
    You're just accusing her without a SOLID proof. The only "proof" so far is a website only.
    It's not a website, it's an official document from the Chinese sporting authorities, dated February 2006.

ReputationRep:
    True the Government could be helping them, you're right. But we don't know that for sure nor do we know for sure they aren't helping them.
    But I think if us(the world) have doubts why the **** doesn't any top pro's test them for themselves(the supposed drug cheating athletes). I mean I do think the drugs test people aren't necessarily chineese. And unless the chineese are made of tin I guess there is no way of hiding the drugs inside them.
    Oh, no...the Chinese do ban drug cheats, but they won't ban these gymnasts if what is suspected is true.

Oh right..did you find that one out cos you're not the OP. I think it was a bit of a misleading title thread.
    And if what you're saying is true that is rather sad too.
    In the OP's post he says

(Original post by OP)
    And now, there are serious suspicions that the Chinese are using under age athletes in the gymnastics competitions.

So, are they cheating? Are they really that desperate to win? Is all this harming their credibility?
    Which implies that he's talking about the gymnasts, and is what i've been talking about all this time. I highly doubt that the Chinese are cheating in loads of events, they just practice bloody hard...but these gymnasts have cheated.

The proof is archived spreadsheets from the Chinese Governments website...not solid at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyfaery)
    It's all over Chinese news reports that the girl did, in fact, mime. The girl that sang was very happy to be a part of the Olympics though.

Ah okay. Well that is sad...but at least the girl was 'happy'.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.