Submitting personal statements to the same school

Watch
kasienka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi,

I am applying for two courses within the same school for Postgraduate study, and I am wondering if it is okay to use the same personal statement but tweaked ever so slightly to the individual course? The courses are Psychology and Education and Language and Education, so a lot of what I want to write is the same. I'm just aware that it will probably be the same admissions officer reading both, so should I write two entirely different statements or should I copy and paste bits?

Many thanks!
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kasienka)
Hi,

I am applying for two courses within the same school for Postgraduate study, and I am wondering if it is okay to use the same personal statement but tweaked ever so slightly to the individual course? The courses are Psychology and Education and Language and Education, so a lot of what I want to write is the same. I'm just aware that it will probably be the same admissions officer reading both, so should I write two entirely different statements or should I copy and paste bits?

Many thanks!
Generally you probably need to worry about the education admissions staff who will be reading this. Psychology and language are vastly different and the big worry here is that you will come across as being confused or unsure. It therefore really would be better to just pick one and apply for that - or to chat to the uni to get a better idea of which course would suit you best.

If you are totally set on this approach, it's best to change your personal statement as much as possible. Copy and pasting sections can look lazy and like you are disinterested.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads