Want more information about this university?
Louisebrown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Lancaster or Newcastle to study Marketing Bsc?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Louisebrown)
Hi Louisebrown,

I'm a current student at Lancaster.

Lancaster is 6th in the Complete University Guide 2020 for marketing. You can find out more information about the course and the course modules here.

Alternatively, you can chat to current students studying Marketing on our UniBuddy platform, or attend one of our Online Open days, which can be booked onto here, to chat to the department and students about both the degree and university life.

When deciding on your university choice, I'd ask yourself these questions:
-Would I prefer a campus or a city university?
-What are the career opportunities (e.g. graduate prospects, internships, etc.)
-What facilities are offered by the university?
-What specific things do I like about the university (e.g. at Lancaster we have a collegiate system)?
-In terms of the course: which course interests and excites me the most? Are there any particular modules that I really want to study?

If you'd like to know more about university life at Lancaster, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Ghostlady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lancaster or Newcastle to study Marketing Bsc
If courses /departments are similar, then what kind of area you want to be in? I've been to Newcastle city center and its buzzing. Its quite a busy city. Lancaster is also good for nightlife, but the city is smaller than Newcastle. Campus Collegiate Uni v's a City Uni. Lancaster is well up there in the rankings. Base your choice on the course and modules, the departments. If you feel the same still about both, then imagine the lifestyle living at both and see which one you fancy the most. I'm a bit biased, I love lancaster and my daughter is going 2020, but Newcastle i imagine is great too. We went to newcastle keep and blackgate barbican in the heart of the city hen we visited.
Advertisement
Ghostlady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If courses /departments are similar, then what kind of area you want to be in? I've been to Newcastle city center and its buzzing. Its quite a busy city. Lancaster is also good for nightlife, but the city is smaller than Newcastle. Campus Collegiate Uni v's a City Uni. Lancaster is well up there in the rankings. Base your choice on the course and modules, the departments. If you feel the same still about both, then imagine the lifestyle living at both and see which one you fancy the most. I'm a bit biased, I love lancaster and my daughter is going 2020, but Newcastle i imagine is great too. We went to newcastle keep and blackgate barbican in the heart of the city when we visited.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.38%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.54%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (60)
18.46%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (68)
20.92%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.85%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.85%

Watched Threads