Want more information about this university?
Nah Not Me Mate
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, So I'm gonna go to Lancaster in 2021 to study PPE or perhaps this year if a miracle vaccine is found for Coronavirus. I have a few questions: - Which college has a great social life and offers the option an ensuite? - Is there interdepartmental sport? Like Maths vs English in football? - I'm a big guy at 6'6 and I was wondering if there are bigger beds? - Which accommodation is the most aesthetic and attractive? Cheers in advance for responses.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nah Not Me Mate)
Hi, So I'm gonna go to Lancaster in 2021 to study PPE or perhaps this year if a miracle vaccine is found for Coronavirus. I have a few questions: - Which college has a great social life and offers the option an ensuite? - Is there interdepartmental sport? Like Maths vs English in football? - I'm a big guy at 6'6 and I was wondering if there are bigger beds? - Which accommodation is the most aesthetic and attractive? Cheers in advance for responses.
Hi,

I'm one of the student ambassadors on here!

To answer your questions:
1) All the colleges offer the option of a superior Ensuite, and Bowland, County and Fylde offer ensuite accommodation as well. You can find out more information about the accommodation offered here. You can also find videos made on the different types of accommodation by one of our Digital Ambassadors here. Again, all the colleges have a good social life, but the most sociable colleges are probably Grizedale, County and Fylde.
2) Generally, there isn't interdepartmental sport because there is a large focus on the college teams. Each college offers a range of sports teams (football, netball, bar sports) that I'd definitely recommend joining. For example, I'm in Cartmel College's netball club. However, some degrees do have their own teams (e.g. Medicine), but not many. There are different intercollegiate leagues and tournaments throughout the year, so the college sports teams are really important!
3) There are longer beds available, but depending on the room type. You can find out more information on this page here. It states: "If you are particularly tall, please tell us in the additional notes field of the online application form so we can aim to place you in a room with a long bed."
4) In terms of which accommodation is the most aesthetic and attractive, do you mean on the inside or the exterior? All the accommodation rooms will look the same across the different colleges, with a few exceptions (for example, in Lonsdale and Cartmel, some superior ensuites have had renovated kitchens, which are more attractive). Again, I'd recommend you watch the videos linked above to see what they look like and check out the photos on the accommodation pages!

The most aesthetic buildings on the outside, I'd say, are the townhouses in County and Grizedale, as well as Cartmel and Lonsdale colleges.
On the inside, the townhouse rooms are very big and spacious, but I also really liked the superior ensuite, which I stayed in last year.
Finally, I'd definitely say that it's up to your own decoration how aesthetic and attractive your room becomes! You can check out my blog about how different people have decorated their rooms on campus this year here, as the rooms themselves are very simple before you move in, so you can personalise.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
Nah Not Me Mate
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi,

I'm one of the student ambassadors on here!

To answer your questions:
1) All the colleges offer the option of a superior Ensuite, and Bowland, County and Fylde offer ensuite accommodation as well. You can find out more information about the accommodation offered here. You can also find videos made on the different types of accommodation by one of our Digital Ambassadors here. Again, all the colleges have a good social life, but the most sociable colleges are probably Grizedale, County and Fylde.
2) Generally, there isn't interdepartmental sport because there is a large focus on the college teams. Each college offers a range of sports teams (football, netball, bar sports) that I'd definitely recommend joining. For example, I'm in Cartmel College's netball club. However, some degrees do have their own teams (e.g. Medicine), but not many. There are different intercollegiate leagues and tournaments throughout the year, so the college sports teams are really important!
3) There are longer beds available, but depending on the room type. You can find out more information on this page here. It states: "If you are particularly tall, please tell us in the additional notes field of the online application form so we can aim to place you in a room with a long bed."
4) In terms of which accommodation is the most aesthetic and attractive, do you mean on the inside or the exterior? All the accommodation rooms will look the same across the different colleges, with a few exceptions (for example, in Lonsdale and Cartmel, some superior ensuites have had renovated kitchens, which are more attractive). Again, I'd recommend you watch the videos linked above to see what they look like and check out the photos on the accommodation pages!

The most aesthetic buildings on the outside, I'd say, are the townhouses in County and Grizedale, as well as Cartmel and Lonsdale colleges.
On the inside, the townhouse rooms are very big and spacious, but I also really liked the superior ensuite, which I stayed in last year.
Finally, I'd definitely say that it's up to your own decoration how aesthetic and attractive your room becomes! You can check out my blog about how different people have decorated their rooms on campus this year here, as the rooms themselves are very simple before you move in, so you can personalise.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!

Maria
Thanks so much! All very useful information and advice.
Yeah it would be exterior aesthetics for me. What would you suggest for that?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
(Original post by Nah Not Me Mate)
Thanks so much! All very useful information and advice.
Yeah it would be exterior aesthetics for me. What would you suggest for that?
Hi Nah Not Me Mate,

I would suggest a County or Grizedale townhouse if you want something very sociable, or, if you'd like an ensuite, Pendle or Lonsdale (which both have very nice buildings). Again, check out the accommodation exteriors on the Virtual Open Day, as it may give you more of a sense of what you are looking for.

Maria
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads