Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend their t shirts but I find their shorts, jeans and trousers to be of good quality considering the price

ReputationRep:
    Probably. I've had a few things from there that have been fine. Give or take a thread coming out.

ReputationRep:
    I've always found Primark quality really good. I have shirts I bought - and Regularly wear - over a year ago that are still as good as when I bought them. Equazlly, I have severeal jumpers thatI b ought for work experience in schools, nurseries and with babies that have been painted on, drawn on, sicked up over, drooled on, sneezed on, had mud impacted into, and all have washed up fine, are still VERY wearable and look in extremely good condition.

Maybe I just take good care of my clothes. XD

ReputationRep:
    I know people who buy tons of stuff from there but I refuse to even enter the shop. I'd much rather have one nice, good quality top that will last me than 4 for the same price that are crap and will only last for one wear.

It just doesn't seem possible to get good quality stuff for such low prices.

ReputationRep:
    I got a towel from primark for 5 pounds and its pretty good quality

ReputationRep:
    Cheap and nasty, for guys anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few hoodies from there that are great quality, and a few jumpers that went out of shape with the first wash. I guess it depends on the quality of the materials used tbh... I bought a bag there the other day and it's made of really sturdy material, and the stitching is quite well done.

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a pop-up wash basket from there for Uni in September :-)

ReputationRep:
    Some crap, some okay. Like anywhere else really. It varies.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, I think you get what you pay for.

It might not last as long as a shirt that costs triple the costs, but you don't expect it to, and if you look after it it should last a bit longer anyway.

People expect Primark stuff to fall apart, so don't pay as much attention to wash labels and care instructions. It's a circle.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought a lot of things from Primark and wear them regularly. They're still wearable and in good condition.
    Maybe there are just certain things, from Primark, that are **** quality?

ReputationRep:
    I love Primark becauseeeee

I dont like to wear the same thing lotsa times. So if you buy something from Primark and wear it 3 times then chuck it at the back of your wardrobe you wont feel like you've wasted something cos it only cost you £4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani2511)
    I have a few hoodies from there that are great quality, and a few jumpers that went out of shape with the first wash. I guess it depends on the quality of the materials used tbh... I bought a bag there the other day and it's made of really sturdy material, and the stitching is quite well done.
    :ditto:
    I bought a few jumpers from Primark last winter and they didnt last too long. However, I haven't had any problems with anything else I've bought from there.

ReputationRep:
    Quality of their stuff is variable :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    You get what you pay for. I bought jeans from there, and after 2 washes they were done for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    At the end of the day, I think you get what you pay for.

It might not last as long as a shirt that costs triple the costs, but you don't expect it to, and if you look after it it should last a bit longer anyway.

People expect Primark stuff to fall apart, so don't pay as much attention to wash labels and care instructions. It's a circle.
    Exactly! It's a nice surprise when something from Primark lasts after a few washes.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I had an amazing pair of jeans that lasted a good year and a half, but then I had a very nice top which started to get all holey after about three uses. The sleeves are slowly disentigrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperChain)
    I know people who buy tons of stuff from there but I refuse to even enter the shop. I'd much rather have one nice, good quality top that will last me than 4 for the same price that are crap and will only last for one wear.

It just doesn't seem possible to get good quality stuff for such low prices.
    Well, you're missing out! :p: Granted I'm not a Primark fanatic like some, but I've never bought anything that has lasted only one wear, or even close to that.

ReputationRep:
    Their shoes are pretty **** quality. I've had a few pairs of pumps from there that have fallen apart. However, all the clothes I've ever bought from there have been fine. I've bought tops, underwear, socks, waistcoats and a hoodie from there (but I haven't really worn that - I was just cold so got the cheapest jacket I could find) and none of it's fallen apart. I can't vouch for their jeans/shorts/trousers/skirts though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.