The Student Room Group

[Official] Cambridge Computer Science Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desto
omg LOL youre the first person ive seen lower than me, i got 2.9 which is pretty similar, however i did bad overall rather than good in one and bad in the other. I also got an interview lmao somehow. What college did u apply to? and when is your interview

Magdalene College, 9th December at 2pm.

Thanks for rubbing it in I guess
Original post by desto
I just wanted to say i much prefer this thread to the tmua prep one LOL, all of them over there are like 'i gOt 8.9 oVeRaLL i diD sO bAd dO i hAvE a cHanCe oF gEtTiNg iN?' and im here with my 2.9 like .... :dong:

Omg this got meeeeee
Reply 82
Original post by enigmapr0ject
Magdalene College, 9th December at 2pm.

Thanks for rubbing it in I guess

sorry if i genuiely hurt you, i thought you were laughing it off (i have been cos if i dont laugh ill go mad lmao) so yh.

SAME LOOOL omg. I applied to magdalene and mine is 9th dec 3:10 and 3:45

I think magdalene was defo a good college choice then!
Original post by desto
sorry if i genuiely hurt you, i thought you were laughing it off (i have been cos if i dont laugh ill go mad lmao) so yh.

SAME LOOOL omg. I applied to magdalene and mine is 9th dec 3:10 and 3:45

I think magdalene was defo a good college choice then!

thats amazing! your interview is directly after mine!
Reply 84
thats amazing! your interview is directly after mine!

damnn thats crazy lmaoo
tempted to create a discord server for all of us :|
tempted to create a discord server for all of us :|

:biggrin:
Original post by ayeshasam
:biggrin:

https://discord.gg/NEBB3CgPcp

Discord server for everyone on this thread! This isn't meant as self promoting, it's just an easier and more accessible "hub" (if you like) for all of us to chat, get help with anything or just hang out randomly. Join if you wish!
Reply 88
Hey guys, to anyone who has an interview, were you told the format of the interview? so for example if you will have 2 compsci interviews or 1 maths and 1 compsci?
No, just told that it is more maths than compsci in the interviews. Prepare for maths questions or something.
Reply 90
No, just told that it is more maths than compsci in the interviews. Prepare for maths questions or something.

yeah thats what i have been told in mock interviews but did your college directly tell you that?
Original post by desto
yeah thats what i have been told in mock interviews but did your college directly tell you that?

someone in our server said head of admissions or something said it publicly iirc
Do they tell you if you’re rejected? Does anyone know? I have heard literally nothing
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by UserNane
Do they tell you if you’re rejected? Does anyone know? I have heard literally nothing

yeah you should get an email from your college if you've been rejected or invited to an interview
Original post by desto
yeah you should get an email from your college if you've been rejected or invited to an interview

Okay thanks I wasn’t sure if I should just accept I’ve not got one without hearing anything
How is the prep for interviews going guys ?
Reply 96
Original post by UserNane
Okay thanks I wasn’t sure if I should just accept I’ve not got one without hearing anything

What did you apply for? I think if you havent heard back now you may need to follow up on it becuase interviews have started and all.

Edit: that was a dumb question to ask LOL im assuming compsci? I would probably follow up on it asap because they have got our CTMUA results and i see no reason why they wouldn't have gotten back to you by now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by ayeshasam
How is the prep for interviews going guys ?

i'd like to say so far so good. I am gonna have another mock interivew later today which will be the 4th so yh. I think im fairly confident on the content on my ps, i just need to perhaps do more mathsy questions to prepare so yh.

What about you?
Original post by desto
What did you apply for? I think if you havent heard back now you may need to follow up on it becuase interviews have started and all.

Edit: that was a dumb question to ask LOL im assuming compsci? I would probably follow up on it asap because they have got our CTMUA results and i see no reason why they wouldn't have gotten back to you by now.

i didnt put a specific collage down but got told that murray edwards were the ones looking at my application, i emailed their admissions people on friday but i still havent heard :/
Original post by desto
i'd like to say so far so good. I am gonna have another mock interivew later today which will be the 4th so yh. I think im fairly confident on the content on my ps, i just need to perhaps do more mathsy questions to prepare so yh.

What about you?

Thats brilliant my first mock interview would be tomorrow and I too would say I'm fairly confident on the content of my P.S although I feel that 90% of my interview will be maths questions or questions about the CSAT that I sat which *sad laugh* was well... interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending