Turn on thread page Beta

Should you wear a bra in bed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As the title says.

Should you wear a BRA in bed?
    Ive heard you shouldnt but then other people say you should as it cost saggy boobs. So which is the right answer? Im sure theres a bra fitter on this forum who might know the correcnt answer.

ReputationRep:
    I wear a Bra every night. I just cnt not wear one! find it uncomfortable!
    and i don't have a problem with saggy boobs which is good¬! lol

ReputationRep:
    How is that comfortable :-/

Let them go free!! they're hardly going to sag when you're on your back or whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    How is that comfortable :-/

Let them go free!! they're hardly going to sag when you're on your back or whatnot.
    Thats what i thought.

ReputationRep:
    if you wear an underwired bra when you sleep it means your breast tissue is squashed and can cause general problems, one of them is sagginess.

if you want to wear a bra to bed wear a non-underwired one or jim jams with support.

ReputationRep:
    I hate wearing a bra in bed, so uncomfortable! I don't really think there's any evidence to say that not wearing one in bed will cause them to go saggy...where's the logic? You're lying on your back, so they can't really 'droop'- that only happens when you're standing..

ReputationRep:
    No you shouldn't wear a bra it bed. You have to let your body breath! And they're not going to go sadggy overnight. I agree with AmberB, you're lying on your back, so they aren't going to droop. Also, it would be uncomfortable to wear a bra in bed, would it not?

ReputationRep:
    You can if you want to, or you can choose to let 'em breathe. I don't think there's much difference health-wise, just the comfort factor. Personally I like letting the girlies have a bit of freedom

ReputationRep:
    I heard that if you wear a bra all the time then the muscles around the breasts are never really used and so become weaker and that causes your breasts to sag, so it's best to not wear a bra at night just to give your body a bit of a break from it.
    I have no idea if this is actually true though!

ReputationRep:
    I've sort of always worn a bra when sleeping, so I find it really uncomfortable when I don't!

There's going to be a whoooole lot of old wives tales about muscles above the boobs and things on this thread, though.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really uncomfortable!

I've read before that it's harmful to wear a bra all the time, though I can't remember the exactly reason. I think the pressure does dammage and causus poor blood circulation which is obviously a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i'm pretty sure you're not meant to wear a bra to bed...but if you are worried about sag maybe wear like a sports bra or atleast a bra without underwiring

ReputationRep:
    From a guy's point of view, freedom boobs are so nice like you can play with them in the night, and you dont get poked instead you get nicely pressed againest oh i wish i had boobies

ReputationRep:
    No you shouldn't.

Wearing bras has been linked to breast cancer in studies of societies (Fiji was one case study I believe) where many women do not wear them at all. Women who did not wear bras at all had the lowest incidence of breast cancer, while those who used bras for the longest periods of time, particularly tight sports bras, and slept in them were most likely to get breast cancer. The statistical difference was quite significant - I think the researchers reasoned it was something to do with bras, especially tight ones, impeding the lymphatic system.

Most women aren't going to stop wearing bras and I am not saying they should, but you should never wear them unnecessarily, you should make sure they are the right size and not too tight and its best to sleep without them on.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What on earth would compel you to wear a bra in bed?

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I always wear mine in bed. I always get uncomfortable when I don't wear a bra. I keep getting paranoid that if I let them run free, they will pop out through the hole in my pyjamas, showing more than I need to if brother/parents walk in. :p:

Wearing a bra to bed, I have heard is bad for your bust!

I let mine loose at night, they need to swing low, sweet charity

ReputationRep:
    I remembered once when I went to bed with a bra and the next day I took it off. I was shocked to discover that I've been left with a reddened area of skin where the bra had been and it took almost a month for it to disappear. So now, I don't wear a bra to bed.

ReputationRep:
    to everyone who wears a bra to bed: get a non underwired one as it's better for you. it's the underwire of a bra that would damage your boobs.

ReputationRep:
    I dont wear a bra to bad i was just wondering what was the correct way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.