A-Level AQA History coursework ideas

Watch
k.l.m
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For my history coursework, we're focusing on the period 1610 to 1715 in France. Some ideas I've been given by my teachers include the Huguenots, authoritarianism, impacts of advisors (such as Richelieu) and possibly women in court. So far I'm most interested with women in court and the Huguenots. However, I've never really studied this time period before so I'm not really confident on what happened. If anyone has any interesting ideas on what else I could do my coursework on that would be great thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by k.l.m)
For my history coursework, we're focusing on the period 1610 to 1715 in France. Some ideas I've been given by my teachers include the Huguenots, authoritarianism, impacts of advisors (such as Richelieu) and possibly women in court. So far I'm most interested with women in court and the Huguenots. However, I've never really studied this time period before so I'm not really confident on what happened. If anyone has any interesting ideas on what else I could do my coursework on that would be great thank you!
I always suggest to do a person, an event or an idea.

30 Years war is in that time period.
I think Huguenots are a fascinating topic. You could look at maybe whether France had to kill them off and why or whether it would have been stronger with them?

Theres a French film called La Reine Margot 1994 about how they were massacred. Bit bloody, but give you an idea of the period also a 2010 film La Princesse de Montpensier, which gives you an idea of a womans place in court.

Might get you used to the feel of things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.2%
October 2021 (116)
49.15%
November 2021 (23)
9.75%
December 2021 (31)
13.14%
January 2021 (21)
8.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.32%