I am doing a research project and I need help please.

Watch
Nadzu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay Im and IB student and their is something we have to do called an Internal Investigation. Mine is based on a database. The correlation between lung cancer and pollution for each country. The problem is that the data for air pollution is given for each city in the country from the WHO. I will attach an example. So if I put everything as Raw data, it would be too much, but if I average out the values for all the cities to represent one country, would it still be considered raw data? I'm doing it for European countries only so please if someone has any tips on this matter.
Attached files
Last edited by Nadzu; 1 year ago
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nadzu)
Okay Im and IB student and their is something we have to do called an Internal Investigation. Mine is based on a database. The correlation between lung cancer and pollution for each country. The problem is that the data for air pollution is given for each city in the country from the WHO. I will attach an example. So if I put everything as Raw data, it would be too much, but if I average out the values for all the cities to represent one country, would it still be considered raw data? I'm doing it for European countries only so please if someone has any tips on this matter.
Hey there
I've moved your thread into international baccalaureate so you may get a hand with this.
What sort of subject is this in? You may have more luck checking out maths, science and technology academic help or geography and earth sciences study help
Best of luck with this,
Cheese :bump:
vetstudent123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nadzu)
Could you further limit your investigation? Just comparing lung cancer and pollution is quite vague. You could pick fewer countries. I'd imagine there's a lot of deviation between cities so I'm not confident averaging all cities for each country would give you the most accurate data. You could search for a cut-off value for population/pollution and then average and further compare areas with a high population/pollution vs areas with a low population/pollution?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
28.21%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.69%
No I am happy with my choice (22)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.69%

Watched Threads