Sorara
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So our school decided to start our NEA whilst in lockdown (we are doing OCR).

I decided to conduct my investigation into the globalisation of my area, but I am finding it difficult to come up with a series of sub questions (as well as the data I should collect to answer these sub questions).

If someone who has done A Level Geography has any suggestions, please could you post them in this thread.

Thank you!
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I completed OCR Geography NEA last year - mine was on crime and deprivation in my home county, contrasting urban and rural areas.

The only thing I could think of in terms of globalisation, is the presence of big brands (shops etc) in your town/city/county. You could count how many American brand shops are in your city centre for example, or how many new stores from international brands have set up in your area. You could maybe use secondary data research to see how many independent shops have closed, maybe as a result of a more globalised high street etc. It depends what your overall NEA question is, and what you're hoping to find out.
Sorara
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
I completed OCR Geography NEA last year - mine was on crime and deprivation in my home county, contrasting urban and rural areas.

The only thing I could think of in terms of globalisation, is the presence of big brands (shops etc) in your town/city/county. You could count how many American brand shops are in your city centre for example, or how many new stores from international brands have set up in your area. You could maybe use secondary data research to see how many independent shops have closed, maybe as a result of a more globalised high street etc. It depends what your overall NEA question is, and what you're hoping to find out.
Thank you for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads