Hazel97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi all,

Im a psychology graduate currently applying for the OT pre registered MSc full time @ Coventry university and was wondering if there’s any past students that can share how they found the course and what to expect? Thank you
Advertisement
sfpsll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I’m not an OT student but I just finished my undergraduate at Cov uni! If you want anything else besides the course, you can ask. Btw, I’m planning to apply to OT (MSc) at Coventry. I was curious if you had an interview? Bcs apparently current students might get fast-tracked.
Hazel97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey thank you! Are you from Coventry? I haven’t finished my application yet but as far as I’m aware there will be an interview. Oh really that’s lucky! I’m guessing that means you won’t be interviewed etc?
Advertisement
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hazel97)
Hi all,

Im a psychology graduate currently applying for the OT pre registered MSc full time @ Coventry university and was wondering if there’s any past students that can share how they found the course and what to expect? Thank you
Hi Hazel97,

While I'm not an OT student, I am a student ambassador for the Health and Life Sciences Faculty. If you have any questions that I can help with, just let me know

Stay safe!
Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Hazel97
Rep:
?
Hello are you able to advise on personal statements? As I’m applying for two different courses
Advertisement
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello are you able to advise on personal statements? As I’m applying for two different courses
Hi Hazel97,

If you apply for two different courses, I would focus on transferable skills that you gained from your undergraduate degree / work experience. If both of the courses are at Coventry University, then maybe write about your motivation behind studying at Coventry University, ie what has drawn your attention to Coventry University - placement opportunities / international opportunities / employability / teaching (we received TEF Gold) etc. Feel free to make your personal statement about you (as the name indicates) and explain why would you be a good candidate.

I hope you find it helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them here.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Atif R
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Is there any group for MCs Occupational therapy course that is starting in January 2021. I would like to get to know a few students who will be on the course.Thanks
Advertisement
Atif R
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sfpsll)
Hi, I’m not an OT student but I just finished my undergraduate at Cov uni! If you want anything else besides the course, you can ask. Btw, I’m planning to apply to OT (MSc) at Coventry. I was curious if you had an interview? Bcs apparently current students might get fast-tracked.
Hi i have been offered a place at cov for MSc occupational therapy thats starting in January 2021.

what stage are you at? have you had your interview/been offered a place?
Last edited by Atif R; 6 months ago
Hazel97
Rep:
?
Hi congrats! My interview is at the end of month.. is it possible to give examples of the questions they ask please?
Advertisement
Atif R
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I did my interview few months back so my memory on the questions are a bit phasy BUT listed below are the ones I can remember...

- What made you want to become and OT?
- What are the qualities/Values of an OT? (The 6 NHS values are good to bring in to your answer)
- What do you think some of the challenges would be for this course and university?
- Why did you choose Coventry University?

There was also an activity of watching a few pictures/videos and giving answers to questions that are based on the pictures/videos.

I hope this helps, Also let me know how the interview goes. Best of luck Hazel you'll be fine!
Hazel97
Rep:
?
This is really helpful thank you! I will do thank you
Advertisement
Ssi97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sfpsll)
I'm getting fast tracked too because I'm a current student but they've arranged an interview with me
Hazel97
Rep:
?
That’s good! Good luck with your interview, when is it?
Advertisement
Ssi97
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That’s good! Good luck with your interview, when is it?
My interview is this week. I'm also a Psychology graduate . What other course have you applied for?
Last edited by Ssi97; 6 months ago
Hwel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Atif R)
Is there any group for MCs Occupational therapy course that is starting in January 2021. I would like to get to know a few students who will be on the course.Thanks
Hi I will be starting at Cov Uni Jan 2021 start 🙂
Hazel97
Rep:
?
Congrats! Does the course begin in Jan? I thought it was sept for some reason
Atif R
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hwel)
Hi I will be starting at Cov Uni Jan 2021 start 🙂
Hi, FINALLY I have found someone starting on this course in January lol.

Firstly I would like to congratulate you, well done for getting in . Could we possibly make a group for people starting MSc OT in January. I could maybe email you, I dont know how do you think we should make a group?
Advertisement
Atif R
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Congrats! Does the course begin in Jan? I thought it was sept for some reason
It was originally meant to start for September 2020 but due to COVID it had moved to January 2020.
sfpsll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ssi97)
I'm getting fast tracked too because I'm a current student but they've arranged an interview with me
Oh really? Damn. I just sent my personal statement so I’m now going to wait. Btw, do you know if us postgraduate students are eligible for the NHS bursary?
Ssi97
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Did you fill out the fast track form or the original application? I know we're eligible for the support fund (https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund), I don't think applications open until later this year though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (305)
55.76%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.24%

Watched Threads