The Student Room Group

How to get over someone you talked to but you kinda dated but kinda didn't

I feel heartbroken but I wasn't in love with this person lol I just really liked them alot

Any advice would be appreciated x
Why do you feel heartbroken? Are they taken or something?
We need, many more details. I literally have no idea what ‘kinda dated, kinda didn’t’ means.
Reply 3
More context please?

I mean if your heartbroken, just eat lots of chocolate, cry a bit, and do some painting ( or whatever hobbies you have ).
Reply 4
Original post by AM.TSR
Why do you feel heartbroken? Are they taken or something?

Cos I've been ghosted
Reply 5
Original post by Hudds999
We need, many more details. I literally have no idea what ‘kinda dated, kinda didn’t’ means.

I saw it as dating but he didn't
Reply 6
Original post by LovelyMrFox
More context please?

I mean if your heartbroken, just eat lots of chocolate, cry a bit, and do some painting ( or whatever hobbies you have ).

Someone who I've talked for 4 months has ghosted me. We met up and everything. I put him first
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Someone who I've talked for 4 months has ghosted me. We met up and everything. I put him first

You say that you saw it as dating, but he didnt? What do you mean?
If you guys never officially said "were dating, right?", then why would you think it was dating?
Was there a reason he ghosted you? Did things end on bad terms?
Reply 8
You say that you saw it as dating, but he didnt? What do you mean?
If you guys never officially said "were dating, right?", then why would you think it was dating?
Was there a reason he ghosted you? Did things end on bad terms?

We went out and met up a alot of times and talked everyday and everything

And I've just not heard a word from him
Hiya! I went through the exact same thing when I was 17. We met at the start of college (we were both new) and I’m usually super shy, but felt drawn towards him so faked my confidence, strolled on over, tapped him on the shoulder and from there we hit it off! That was induction day, then over the summer we messaged loads and he’d text things like, “I’m so glad I met you xx” and “I wish I could just cycle to your house right now” because he lives pretty close (cringe fest I know). So then we met up at the cinema - we didn’t define it as an official date, but I just assumed it was because we’d literally opened up about ourselves and shared our secrets, or at least I did. I don’t know what changed that day, but after the date he said “we should do this again sometime” and slowly started texting less and less. This was over the summer, so fast forwarding to September we were close for 2 or 3 weeks, then he became Mr. Popular and never said a word to me again - well except after a drama performance he said “that was amazing, well done”...and because I’m still holding a grudge I only managed to say “thanks” sarcastically oops. But anyway, story over. My advice is to forget about him and please don’t let him have a hold over you for any longer. I let this guy control me for months and he didn’t even know it and I know have no friends at sixth form. I’m not saying I blame him, but sometimes these things happen, so take it as a lesson and realise you deserve a lot better. Maybe he isn’t mature enough yet and your paths were meant to cross for another reason, but coming from someone who’s been there, it’s not worth the time or energy x
Hiya! I went through the exact same thing when I was 17. We met at the start of college (we were both new) and I’m usually super shy, but felt drawn towards him so faked my confidence, strolled on over, tapped him on the shoulder and from there we hit it off! That was induction day, then over the summer we messaged loads and he’d text things like, “I’m so glad I met you xx” and “I wish I could just cycle to your house right now” because he lives pretty close (cringe fest I know). So then we met up at the cinema - we didn’t define it as an official date, but I just assumed it was because we’d literally opened up about ourselves and shared our secrets, or at least I did. I don’t know what changed that day, but after the date he said “we should do this again sometime” and slowly started texting less and less. This was over the summer, so fast forwarding to September we were close for 2 or 3 weeks, then he became Mr. Popular and never said a word to me again - well except after a drama performance he said “that was amazing, well done”...and because I’m still holding a grudge I only managed to say “thanks” sarcastically oops. But anyway, story over. My advice is to forget about him and please don’t let him have a hold over you for any longer. I let this guy control me for months and he didn’t even know it and I know have no friends at sixth form. I’m not saying I blame him, but sometimes these things happen, so take it as a lesson and realise you deserve a lot better. Maybe he isn’t mature enough yet and your paths were meant to cross for another reason, but coming from someone who’s been there, it’s not worth the time or energy x

Aww sis you totally deserve better then that!!!

Yeah I definitely do think he's mature enough even though he's older but maturity has nothing to do with age.

It's just hard spending months talking everyday and spending time with each other to not hearing a word from him.

Maybe we was mean to meet but we wasn't meant to be.

It's hard getting over someone you fancy but I'll get there xx
I know everyone says this but honestly time heals all wounds. i get you feel really heartbroken rn trust me I know exactly how you feel. as time goes on you'll slowly think about him less and soon enough you'll stop looking through his social medias. in the mean time you should try surround yourself with your mates and maybe try talk to someone new? you could try giving yourself a cute makeover and take some pics it could make you feel a little more confident, maybe post them on your socials and see who pops up x
Reply 12
We went out and met up a alot of times and talked everyday and everything

And I've just not heard a word from him

Why did you see it as dating if you never said anything about dating?
Why did you see it as dating if you never said anything about dating?

Not sure if this will make sense, but that’s how things are for most teens these days. If you spend all your time texting one person and they seem to put in the same amount of effort, plus they seem flirty and interested in taking it further then sometimes we just assume that they feel the same way. Just because they don’t straight out ask “will you be my girlfriend/boyfriend?”, it doesn’t mean that they haven’t strongly hinted towards wanting that to be the case. So overall, it’s a lack of communication amongst our generation and I guess an inability to tell people the truth about your feelings towards them. It may sting at first, but I’d seriously rather be rejected within a few days of speaking, rather than being strung along for weeks only for them to cut it off. Anyway, there we go.
Reply 14
Not sure if this will make sense, but that’s how things are for most teens these days. If you spend all your time texting one person and they seem to put in the same amount of effort, plus they seem flirty and interested in taking it further then sometimes we just assume that they feel the same way. Just because they don’t straight out ask “will you be my girlfriend/boyfriend?”, it doesn’t mean that they haven’t strongly hinted towards wanting that to be the case. So overall, it’s a lack of communication amongst our generation and I guess an inability to tell people the truth about your feelings towards them. It may sting at first, but I’d seriously rather be rejected within a few days of speaking, rather than being strung along for weeks only for them to cut it off. Anyway, there we go.

Ah, fair enough. Im sorry that you had to deal with that. Next time I suggest you make sure with the person that your dating, as it might help your emotions out a bit. Ive been on the opposite side of this kind of thing before, and its really nobodies fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending