The Student Room Group

Dental pain Covid rant

I

Basically I’ve had trouble with my teeth for the longest time partly due to the lack of care I have but I think I also have something Genetic disposition to having not great teeth
I’ve had a tooth taken out it’s quite near the front of my face and it’s really unsightly but I can’t afford retainer right now I’ve got tooth on the left side that had a filling a long time ago I’ve had about three fillings all ready And they weren’t done very well to begin with
We had to battle to even get an appointment to get it looked at because this is so urgent that it’s time critical that I have treatment as soon as possible so I don’t have to have a tooth extracted or it doesn’t get any worse I’m desperate to have the most least invasive most effective thing done
I think but basically now that’s top left tooth currently according to an x-ray the dentist said and has got quite significant decay the filling has the quite significant decay underneath the filling and Imminent treatment to try and save the tooth as risk of root canal infection is very likely
I’ve done some research today and learn more about just how serious complications with root canal infections if left untreated. They said I could have the tooth saved only if treatment is done as soon as possible. it’s so frustrating to have such a lack off and also very poor quality treatment from the dentist and also from other medical areas where people aren’t treated like human beings And subjected To constant lack of care and being dismissed and people not being professional in the roles and not taking peoples lives seriously
they constantly batted me off and I’m also extremely phobic on the dentist at this point because I’ve had so many traumatic procedures and extraction is done I feel extremely scared of any kind of procedure and the prospect of having a root canal makes me feel physically sick and like weak at the knees I feel so scared and extremely anxious about

And because of the Covid they are obviously limited in being able to treat people and that the only thing they could do was take my tooth out I’m only 19 and this would seriously affect my confidence with the aesthetic it would leave me but even though he said it could be saved but thanks for this Covid thing loads of people are being subjected to even worse a treatment and they were before this happened in terms of dentists and doctors not treating people with appropriate care and respect and it’s really upsetting

I had some sensitivity to Hot and cold in the teeth and also discomfort when I was eating that appears to have subsided. but according to an NHS document it said that subsiding in pain is often a sign of infection progressing deeper I’ve done some research about the root canal Procedure and I’ve learnt it can be a really risky procedure and have quite a few nasty complexities if not done extremely well by someone who is a very skilled.
I’m in such anxiety over it because I am 19 now and I’m not entitled to free treatment and funds are extremely limited and the money is really tight right now for me to be able to get treatment
I just wanted to rant about this and see if anybody else is in a similar position with dental treatment
My mum’s tooth fell out and she was in so much pain and they couldn’t make an emergency appointment for some reason, at one point we had to call the ambulance because I don’t know the details but somehow the toothache was causing her heart to hurt. And in the end they never actually fixed her tooth they just keep giving her painkillers. So yeah the world is a mess rn 😂

Quick Reply

Latest