Turn on thread page Beta

BBC DJs take maths GCSE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/ne...00/7575406.stm

The results are pretty amusing!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. Wait, aren't GCSEs supposed to be easy and we're all idiots nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    haha, that is pretty funny. But to be fair, they didn't have any lessons did they? And even someone who just has lessons throughout the year, no matter how little the pay attention, they will learn stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Hahaha. Wait, aren't GCSEs supposed to be easy and we're all idiots nowadays?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

amazing

ReputationRep:
    haha I saw this.. it's funny how the media hasn't made a big deal of it hey.. Wouldn't want to contradict themselves now, would they?

ANd how did they get 0%?!?!

ReputationRep:
    It made me laugh but they did take higher tier. That seems a bit unfair because the lowest grade you can get is a C, and then it becomes a fail. Surely they should of been doing foundation, then there might be a few with G's, F's, E's and D's. And they had no lessons and probably didn't revise. I'm not sure how much of my GCSE material I remember from 2 years ago besides the stuff I did at 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    when I'm 26, I'm going to find a copy of the GCSE Maths paper for the year 2016 and see how well I do.

ReputationRep:
    lol. this silly women is always writing into my local paper saying tis ridiculous how people can get a C in maths with only knowing 26% of the q's, but it proves that most people cant do that (or at least radio 1 DJ's) and that in higher to get 26% is quite hard.

:laugh: One of them got 1%! Pretty sad in a way.............

The most sad thing I found out was that for an A* in Maths Edexcel this year, you need to get 65%! Seriously, watch for the second time and look closely on the exam sheet.

ReputationRep:
    Would it have been different if they'd been taught to pass the exams like the school curriculum?

ReputationRep:
    They didn't have two years' worth of lessons beforehand.

(Original post by j1991)
    No it's just the fact that your Thick ****s! They probably hardly have any good GCSE's.
    Maybe not but they're employed and earning a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

One managed to get a C without having done any revision/work.. Says enough.

ReputationRep:
    The most sad thing I found out was that for an A* in Maths Edexcel this year, you need to get 65%! Seriously, watch for the second time and look closely on the exam sheet.
    Funny how I got 91% and got an A then isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to try not to get a mark.
    In my exams you could get lots of marks. (5 marks) for entering numbers in your calculator.

ReputationRep:
    don't really see what this proved. It's not like they wouldn't have done really well with lessons. Well, maybe not Westwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :laugh: One of them got 1%! Pretty sad in a way.............

Lol. I just saw that too. That's ridiculous. My brother was saying how easy the papers were, so surely the grade boundaries should have been higher..

One of them got nil. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    This happened yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WithFlyingColours)
    Funny how I got 91% and got an A then isn't it.

Well, according to this, you should have gotten an A* [depending on what you got for coursework]

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualCon...7_UG020309.pdf

Scroll to the bottom of the page for the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it wasnt possible to get 0 on a GCSE paper, from what i have been told you got marks for writing your name on the front :rolleyes:

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.