Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we get them?
    And what happens if we fail again? *fingers crossed I don't* but I always think the worst

Taa

ReputationRep:
    When are you taking your resits!? and what are they for??
    If you mean for A levels then it depends when you take them.. January resits get the results in first week of March, June resits get theres mid August..

ReputationRep:
    No sorry I mean the resits that I'm doing at the moment for my failed first year modules at Aber

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry.. I dont know lol

ReputationRep:
    Never quite understood why people who don't go to the uni respond in uni specific forums :/

ReputationRep:
    yeah me neither.

as far as i know if u fail u can resit again.. i think at crimbo. not sure when results r out but i guess before the start of term

ReputationRep:
    I think if you fail you resit twice more (once over christmas and once next summer) but you can't go onto the second year until they are completed. So I think it's effectively repeating a year as you can't continue with modules that aren't complete, i.e you can't do first and second year modules at the same time.

(Original post by Student Exam's Handbook)
    You will not be allowed to enter Part 2 until you have satisfied all the above conditions (ie you will not be allowed to retake failed Part 1 modules while studying in Part 2).
    Rules of Progression

Good luck with your results

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to resit a semester two module at Christmas I don't think, you'll have to wait until May when the module is re-examined (unless the module changes semester). Don't forget that you don't have to resit all failed first year modules depending on your degree/other marks. I never resat the module I failed in first year.

ReputationRep:
    Were you offered a conditional fail? Like BexTait said, I know in geography they don't always force you to retake, eg.if you failed physical modules in the first year you could carry on, but only take human from then on.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 conditional fails, and a must resit, so obv I gotta pass the must resit. But I retook one of the conditional fails too.
    As they're all 10 credit mods I could technically get CF and still go on and do part 2.
    But main Q is when do we get results for them?

ReputationRep:
    Results are issued as follows:
    Semester 1 accessed via your Web page, URL address: http://www.inf.aber.ac.uk/mis/academic.asp
    Semester 2 as for Semester 1 above and by mail to your home address
    Supplementary Exams by mail to the address you supply
    It is your responsibility to ensure you receive your results. If in any doubt ask the Academic Office but note that results will not be released over the phone.

If you change address during the year or want your Semester 2 results sent elsewhere you must inform the Academic Office by 1 June at the latest. The Office may charge for duplicate sets of results if you have moved and not told us!
    That's all I could find, not very specific though! Good luck anyway

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.